Proposal - UPnP improvement
Hi! I'm Gus Te, sophomore of CS from Peking University, China. I joined algorithm contest in high school and won bronze medal. I have been using Kodi six years ago, mainly on iOS. I'm studying machine learning right now, however I don't think it is helpful to it apart from learning Python. I also use python to develop some interesting gadgets. In GSoC 2017, I plan to improve UPnP support of downloading and more if I finish it soon.

Name: Gus Te
forum/e-mail:[email protected]
Summary: The UPnP support is something that needs to be improved, and I am happy to work on it especially in terms of file transfer. To implement downloading may be not so hard for me, besides I want to improve the performance of other protocols. Device profile also interests me and I'm wiling to finish it as long as time permits.
How will I achieve this: I assume that I need to read some UPnP docs to get to know more about the protocol(definitely Kodi docs). As for coding, I could use Python and C to achieve it.
What will the project focus on: The difficulty mainly lies in UPnP transfer. Different MIME type compatibility is the focus.
Benefits: It provides users with more convenient and stable way to watch videos, which I don't always meet when I'm watching movies.
Goals: To be honest, I don't quite familiar with Kodi project, I always use it on iPad to watch TV series. And for many reasons I met with many difficulties when connecting the NAS. I come with the goal of improving the skills on network protocol and improve the Kodi project.
What does it touch in Kodi: The main part is the transfer and storage. Maybe some GUI needs to be modified.
Requirements: Python and C are the most important languages.
Possible mentors: Place to add possible mentors (Team-Kodi will add this).

Messages In This Thread
Proposal - UPnP improvement - by [email protected] - 2017-03-22, 19:13
RE: Proposal - UPnP improvement - by Hedda - 2017-04-03, 08:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proposal - UPnP improvement1