v17 Live TV Issues - Trouble identifying source of problem
I have been using Kodi since XBMC Eden, and have generally been able to troubleshoot issues by searching through the forums, or on Google. I'm over my head this time, though, and I need some help.

I have two problems:

1. Intermittent "pausing" of Live TV (no buffering circle, just frozen playback for 1 to 15 seconds)- It only occurs when watching Live TV, and not when consuming any other types of media (DVDs, music, recorded shows, etc). The pausing could be a long ~8-10 seconds pause, and then resume for a few minutes before occurring again, or the video could turn into what looks like a super-slo-mo replay that is on-going. That kind usually requires a channel change, if not a reboot.

2. "Tuner No Longer Available" - When attempting to tune into some channel from the guide (A&E, for instance, seems to be a consistent offender), I get a long buffering circle, followed by the Tuner No Longer Available error. Playback never tries to begin. After playback fails, I can choose a different channel from the guide, and Kodi will usually play it fine, but the error message stays in the screen. The only way I have found to get rid of the error is to reboot.

I have several Windows and Android frontends on the same network, wired and wireless, that are working flawlessly. I am only experiencing these issues on the Raspberry Pi 3, and consistently with OSMC (current), OpenELEC and LibreELECon the same Pi. This is my first foray into a RPi frontend, so I am having trouble isolating the cause.

I believe this is hardware related to the Pi because it is the only machine I am having problems with. I would think that if it was the backend, NPVR, or Kodi, these problems would be consistent across all frontends. I am occasionally getting a brownout indicator on the Pi, and have considered getting a replacement Canakit (2.5A, 5V), but would like to troubleshoot before investing another dime into the hardware.

Could this be a configuration issue? Is it the HW? I have a multimeter, but have not found a way to check the voltage on the Pi. The power issue is also totally intermittent.

Setup:

Backend:

Windows 10 (Creator's)
Kodi 17.3
NextPVR 3.9.2
Plex Media Server
MCEBuddy

MB: Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5 - 10/100/1000 Ethernet
CPU: Core i7 6700
GPU: Nvidia GTX470,
RAM: Crucial 2133 - 8GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue - 4TB
Connected to wired Cat5 throughout the house - all switches are 10/100/1000
Cable internet - 100mbps/3mbps

Frontend:

RPi 3 B+
Canakit 2.5A 5V PSU
SanDisk Class 10 Extreme SD Card - 16GB
No overclock
Overvolt = 2 (although the problem was the same with no overvolt)
PVR Settings changed in AdvancedSettings.xml to no avail.
MPEG2 license is successfully purchased and installed
Nothing is connected to the USB ports
Currently using wifi, but problems persist with a wired connection
Deinterlace = Auto select (all modes are the same)
OMX and MMAL acceleration are both enabled.

Pi is plugged directly into the TV. Issues are persistent on multiple TVs from different brands.

Any help would be appreciated. I know you are going to ask for logs, so here are a couple to start. I am waiting to replicate the "pausing" issue, but in the meantime, here are examples of the Tuner No Longer Available errors. FWIW, I have read the posts from Sub3 that the error is generic. I get that. But would also like to have a usable system, so still asking for help.

Thanks!

Kodi Log 1 - Tuner No Longer Available

Kodi Log 2 - Tuner No Longer Avail While Playing

Messages In This Thread
Live TV Issues - Trouble identifying source of problem - by kingcoldcuts - 2017-06-27, 02:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV Issues - Trouble identifying source of problem0