So many issues, is there a box which can do it all?
(2017-07-27, 06:40)prekopix Wrote: Hi, with a gt1030 is enough to hdmi 2.0 hdcp2.2, 4k hdr and netflix 4k? On windows or libreelec?
Windows 10 as OS is required for 4K Netflix on a computer, (LibreELEC is Linux so its a no go for 4K Netflix).

GeForce GT 1030 supports HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 ( inc. HDR10 & HLG) in Nvidia's latest drivers/firmware.

(2017-07-26, 16:15)nsnhd Wrote: What's about Nvidia requirements of 3GB VRAM cards for 4K Netflix, is that not valid anymore ?
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4457
That article was last updated when GeForce GTX 1050 was the only low-end Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card on the market. Nvidia had not yet announced the GeForce GT 1030 then.

And no you do not technically need 3G VRAM to decrypt and decode 4K Netflix. They should not even need to mention GB of VRAM as 2GB will be enough and Im sure that no Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card will ever have less than 2GB.

So to answer, that article will just needs to be updated to reflect that minimum is a GeForce GT 1030.

(2017-07-26, 16:01)wrxtasy Wrote: Question is does this work properly ?

Netflix is available in Ultra HD on Windows computers. To stream in Ultra HD, you will need:

The Microsoft Edge browser or the Windows 10 app
A 4K capable display (with HDCP 2.2 connection if external display), Intel's 7th generation Core CPU, and the latest Windows updates
As I understand it you don't need an Intel CPU at all (and certainly not the later ones) as long as you have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card.

That is, Nvidia GeForce GTX 10-series graphics card replaces the need to have a new Intel CPU as the HDCP 2.2 protection that Netflix require in done by the GPU, not CPU. As far as Netflix is concerned you have a GeForce GTX 10-series GPU, and which CPU manufacturer/type/model/age you have doesn't really matter at all as long as Microsoft supports Windows 10 on it.

But yes you do need to run Windows 10 to get 4K Netflix, but not sure that you have to use Microsoft Edge browser (as Chrome will probabaly work too?).

(2017-07-26, 14:53)Klojum Wrote: FYI,

Most of those LP cards have a HDMI 2.0 and a DVI-port on them.

The MSI card has a HDMI 2.0 and a DisplayPort. I picked that one, as it is more usefull to me.
Good point, thanks for pointing that out! Updated my initial post.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So many issues, is there a box which can do it all? - by RockerC - 2017-07-27, 09:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So many issues, is there a box which can do it all?0