Simply done - NFS Share on Windows
(2018-07-17, 00:11)lawrence38 Wrote: Greetings from Prague! 

I have followed, word for word, the instructions posted on this thread, unfortunately it did not work.

I just bought a new laptop, its running Win 10 version 1803, and despite me spending the better half of this evening trying to set-up a shared folder, following instructions on this forum and Kodi wiki pages, I just haven't managed to. Mind you, on my old laptop, I have somewhat managed to setup a SMB shared folder years ago, tried to do that again on this new one, but...to no avail.

Any help/tips will be highly appreciated! 
Many thanks in advance.
When MS removed Homegroup from Windows v1803 that caused problems for networking.

I had lots of issues with my PCs not seeing each other on my home network after the latest updates and not being able to browse shares I knew were there.
But this has worked for me :-) and made all my PCs visible to each other again.

You have to do this on all your PCs. If you have both wired/wireless NICs do steps 1 & 2 on both cards.
  1. ​​​​​On the Network card properties Untick IPv6 protocol (unless you really need it).

2. ​​​​​​​On this IPv4 properties under "advanced" select the WINs tab and ensure you change the "NetBios setting" to "Enable NetBios over TPiP"

3. To get you PC's & shares visible again under File Explorer network section then most important part is to start some required services.

Push Win Key and type "Services", locate those services, start them and set Start type to Automatic. 

Services are:

- Function Discovery Provider Host

- Function Discovery Resource Publication

- SSDP Discovery

- UPnP Device Host
Hope this works for you too :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simply done - NFS Share on Windows - by i0zjh02 - 2018-09-24, 23:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simply done - NFS Share on Windows0