You think you can set-up this remote? You fool...
Hello guys
At first I wanted to apologise if I posted it in wrong category or maybe even wrong forum, but I'm getting more and more frustrated because of my issue.

Backstory:
I bought my first Rpi like year ago cause I wanted to „smartify” my old 2005 TV. To do so I bought DVB-T adapter like this one: NotOnly Deluxe
The reason I took exacly this one is because it has IR Receiver built in and it comes with quite decent remote.
In addition I saw tutorial how to set it up (both DVB-T and remote) to work on Linux Mint and I thought to myself that it should be pretty similar setting it up on Kodi with LibreElec.

After succesful setup of DVB-T came time to set up the remote, cause what whould be a TV without remote, right?

Attempt 1:
As I said I tried to mimic steps from this tutorial
Basically the guy uses only „ir-keytables” and downloads keymap from online.
I used:
Code:
ir-keytable -s rc0 -t
to test if the reciever picks up anything but it didn’t work at all. I tried all protocols one by one and none of them has worked. I thought that maybe my reciver is broken, so I tried it on Ubuntu. Guess what? Receiver picked up signal like it should.

Attempt 2:
I came across this tutorial on youtube in which guys shows how to set up remote using LIRC.
I talk about this one:

I used the default remote that came with the DVB-T adapter.
It went pretty ok, but after mapping all the keyes I opened the file I’ve created and I saw that all keycodes where set as 0x0. So I tried to manually change those codes. I went back to the first tutorial, found exact file he used and tried to write same codes in.
Even that didn’t help.
After that I tried another remote that I have but I couldn’t get past mapping cause I ran out of attempts.

On the left is the default remote and on the right is the remote that I used after

I saw tutorial from official Kodi-Wiki but it used the same „irrecord” procedure so it doesn’t work neither.

To be honest I don’t know what I could try more so I ask you guys for help.
The first one that will help me with setup will get beer as soon as he'll come to my city Big Grin

PS: After using
Code:
ps aux
I found that my lirc commands looks a little bit different than those from the youtube tutorial. Is it because of different version of Kodi or maybe because he uses XBMC and I use LibreElec?

Messages In This Thread
You think you can set-up this remote? You fool... - by Tenderenden - 2018-07-12, 20:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You think you can set-up this remote? You fool...0