2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review
(2018-09-04, 16:20)Mount81 Wrote: A Dolby Audio Licence so all audio can be downmixed and output as 5.1 DD for DD only audio equiptment support.
vs.
AC3, DTS, Dolby TrueHD & DTS-MA or HRA audio is decoded to multichannel 24bit 48kHz LPCM, for no loss in audio quality.

As they mean literally the same, if I'm not mistaken. Huh
Actually they do not because tvOS has different audio setting options, namely:

- Use Best Available = 24bit 48kHz Multichannel LPCM - or use the next option instead...
- Change Format > Dolby Digital 5.1 or Dolby Digital Stereo

and there is a seperate...
- Audio Mode > Auto (highest audio bit depth I assume) or 16bit

tvOS 12.x Beta also has Dolby Atmos Audio options, that is also shows in settings after HDMI EDID handshaking and confirmation of connection to an Atmos capable audio receiver.

Quote:Also might worth to mention in the "Cons" segment, that it has no 3D MVC support at all.
I'm actually not even going to mention 3D MVC due to no current 4K HDR10+ / DolbyVision - TV manufacturers even supporting 3D anymore.

Quote:Isn't mentioned, but I guess the proper freque switching also for interlaced 59.94Hz material works well with MrMC...?
Yes Fractional Frame Rate matching is supported in tvOS Firmware meaning 23.976, 29.97 and 59.94Hz.
I have a bunch of fractional FPS test clips I used for LE development.

The ATV 4K has enough CPU ponies to do YADIX2x 1080i h264 Software deinterlacing. The NVIDIA Shield does not (Koying confirmed that)

Quote:Still a bit unsure what "OTA TV support" of (or outside?) MrMC would mean? I guess add-ons like Simple IPTV doesn't work, or does it? I guess I will have a closer look at this somewhere...
OTA TV = Over The Air TV via an TV Aerial connected to an external TV Tuner/server like a HDHomeRun, TvHeadend, Myth TV etc.
You use the regular MrMC/Kodi PVR viewing Clients with those.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review - by wrxtasy - 2018-09-04, 18:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2017 Apple TV 4K - using the Kodi fork - MrMC review2