PVR Backend software recommandations?
(2019-01-25, 12:32)elsmandino Wrote:
(2018-10-05, 02:56)BigBlarg Wrote: Thanks for your recommendations.

It took me a while but I finally got TVHeadend to work in a VM and make it record to a folder on the host and also to make it grab EPG from Schedule Direct. I already had tried NextPVR like I said.

In Kodi, here are the differences I noticed so far.
- With NextPVR, in the TV Guide I will see show artwork with the show description, but not on TVHeadend (is there any ways to make the artwork works on TVHeadend?)
- With TVHeadend, loading and switching channels is twice as fast (2-3 seconds) compared to NextPVR (6-7 seconds)
- TVMosaic is also slow when loading/changing channel. I couldn't get working EPG from it (it does NOT provide EPG, other than from OTA despite not being free). It seems that by default there's also no way to use Schedule Direct to get EPG data without a third party app. I'll skip this one.

Edit : Tried TVMosaic
Just to let you know, there is a way to show artwork with descriptions in TVH (if you are using Schedules Direct).

I assume that you are happy with TVMosaic but if you ever change you mind, post back here. 
Sorry to hijack this months later, but how does one go about getting artwork to work with SD and TVHeadend.
My TVHeadend server has been great and works fantastic, and my listings work from SD with no issues. But I cannot get any artworks to show in TVHE or via TVHE Client in Kodi.
I'd really love to find out how to do it!

Messages In This Thread
RE: PVR Backend software recommandations? - by nakquada - 2019-10-03, 17:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Backend software recommandations?0