Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again
Okay, so up until yesterday I had no problem previously setting a new timer to record but if try to set something to record now Kodi will immediately crash when using a brand new PC purchased last week. When I restart Kodi, nothing is appearing in the timer section. The only way I seem to be able to set a new timer now is to do it from my actual satellite receiver or from my old PC, then they will show up on my new PC. 

My new hardware is an Intel Mini-Pc, which for reason does not like the 64 bit version of Kodi on the Windows 10 Pro platform. Users cannot access any repositories, including the official Kodi repo. The issue has been widely documented as a problem in the Windows forum section under the title of 'could not connect to repository'. 
As a short-term measure I currently have the 32 bit version installed on my new device which does allows me to install addons from the Kodi repo, but is probably not the best solution.

Also, once I get new timers to appear on my new PC, if I then attempt to manually change the start and finish times to act as padding the timer item is removed completely. The reason I make manual changes is because I've never been able to get the actual padding feature to work in the 5 years I've been using this client with Kodi. But with all the work/changes that have been implemented recently, I did 3 test recordings on my old PC today and set padding for both start and finish times, all with different time limits. Unfortunately, none of them worked with the added padding and all recorded with the scheduled start/finish times. Don't know, maybe it was something I didn't do correctly when adding the timers/padding?

So yeah, it's quite odd behaviour, particularly as the problem only seemed to start yesterday. I know an update was merged a couple of days ago, so could that be causing this behaviour? Or maybe the 32 bit version of Kodi is causing these crashes and timers to disappear if I attempt to edit them in any way.

Grateful for any feedback. If you need a full debug log, let me know.
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again - by Dumyat - 2018-10-18, 23:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vu+ PVR addon is getting updates again3