v18 problems with Scumm VM
I am in the Phase of testing Retroplayer, one thing to test was the great ScummVM Engine.
However, i came across some Problems here, not sure if they are all bugs or just me doing stupid things.

1. Lucas Arts Games Engine is broken.
Yeah that one is kinda ironic ;-). So far every Game on that engine i tried has sound Problems, Sound is stuttering and most of the times too fast/not in sync.
Other games work fine, so i guess this has to do with the engine, not ScummVM in General or how it is connected as libretro core.

2. Crashes crash Kodi
That one is annoying. I have mass added some games, not everyone was properly detected. When starting such a game, it will crash the engine (guess this is by design) However, in my case it crashes Kodi itself. This can also be triggered if some game starts but will end in the builtin debugger.

3. Where to put my mt32 Rom files?
Scumm VM usually supports MT32 Emulation. But where would I put those romfiles? I tried within ther userprofile, where the .ini resides, as well in the plugin folder, but no luck. I then placed those files within a game, that seems to work, but honestly, not very nice to mass duplicate those romfiles. Anyway, does MT32 Emulation even work with the Retroplayer build? I tested Sam and Max, but i wasn't sure i heard any difference...

4. make the themefiles available.
That one was rather funny, because later on i discovered, that the theme file was actually already available in the extras folder. It however is not selectable when running fresh. Could that be made available from start?

5. Can Options be removed that make no sense:
Yeah, not a big problem as well, but it would be nice if options within the gui are removed, as they make no sense for Retroplayer. F.ex. the Render selection has no options to select, because rendering is done and configured by Retroplayer itself. So it would be nice if this option is not available at all.

6. Keyboard and Mouse:
Almost forgot that: Most of the keys are not working. f.ex Pressing F5 does not bring up the Pause menu in Lucas Games. Mouse also behaves rather quirky.

Guess that's it for now, not sure if there was more, but i gladly help testing to get a nice SCUMM VM engine on kodi :-)

Messages In This Thread
problems with Scumm VM - by Canuma - 2018-11-10, 12:38
RE: problems with Scumm VM - by 3xistence - 2018-11-13, 11:30
RE: problems with Scumm VM - by Canuma - 2018-11-14, 14:32
RE: problems with Scumm VM - by 3xistence - 2018-11-14, 17:58
RE: problems with Scumm VM - by Canuma - 2018-11-14, 18:29
RE: problems with Scumm VM - by 3xistence - 2018-11-15, 08:06
RE: problems with Scumm VM - by alpharitto - 2018-12-08, 15:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problems with Scumm VM0