Add possibility to set an emulator as default
Firstly, I was using advanced launcher years ago. Secondly, you can advertise anything, I will try and be polite lol however you see adverts on faceyawn for free to play games. You advertise a product, that product does not have to cost a thing, but you are still advertising something.

Thirdly, for my emulation I used a dedicated arcade front end, I do not use them to play my movies on, even though that is possible.

I tried emulation when 18 was launched, it was ADVERTISED that game support and emulation had been improved, however, sadly this was not the case. 

Emulation for Kodi, is low on the agenda. What I mean by that is if you have a team of 100 working on the movie side, there are only about 10 working on the emulation side. So the lower the number of people working on emulation, the longer that it will take to finish.

However, a lot of Kodi features is skin dependant, to give an example my movie skin is Titan Bingie, however it is useless for music so I do not use it for music. It is a skin that was more designed for movies, where other skins like Artic and Aura are more both.

Also to give a better example, the Xbox One skin, I thought that would support emulation due to the nature of the skin, however it does not, yes you can launch a front end from it, but it is not emulation friendly.

Emulation on Kodi is going to be mainly down to the people whom skin, and also to the people whom are attaching retroarch as a bolt on. 

I would sooner have a dedicated front end for emulation, unless something is done 100% which is going to take time, and that is not where Kodi is at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Add possibility to set an emulator as default - by Video Titles - 2019-11-13, 15:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add possibility to set an emulator as default0