What is the CHEAPEST option for 4k hevc playback?
(2019-01-04, 11:37)noggin Wrote: None of this is any reason for not passing HDR metadata is it? After all every UHD Blu-ray player does it when you play a UHD Blu-ray doesn't it?  Passing the wrong metadata isn't that helpful is it?

I agree you need the full monty of HDR Metadata.
But it does seem some media player vendors (not UHD Bluray) are Not passing the complete source Metadata to displays.
How important is MaxFLL and MaxCLL then with current 4K HDR TV real world media streamer usage scenarios ?

Practically there has not been a howling majority of 4K HDR TV users baying for blood because it's missing. Maybe near enough is good enough ?
Or maybe the sample size of users is too low this early into the HDR media player usage cycle.

Projector owners seem to be the most vocal minority.

Quote:Also what aspect of Metadata is the HD Fury Vertex getting wrong? (The areas I know it has issues are clock rate - and that's not a function of metadata?) The 4:2:2 bit-depth it correctly reports - there is only 12-bit 4:2:2 supported at 2160p in the HDMI standard. What the signal contains beyond this (padded 8-bit or padded 10-bit) is a content issue, not a signal issue?

As detailed by @wesk05 in the Shield thread.

EDIT:
Is Shield 7.2.x test Firmware now passing thru MaxFLL and MaxCLL. I know @wesk05 was previously asking for it ?

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the CHEAPEST option for 4k hevc playback? - by wrxtasy - 2019-01-04, 12:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is the CHEAPEST option for 4k hevc playback?0