Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
(2019-05-28, 18:46)binhex01 Wrote: I have an N2 and will give it a go if you can supply a link to a sample

Here's a sample file if you have time to try it out. Thanks again! https://gofile.io/?c=IP6F3j (expires 2019-06-05)

(2019-05-28, 22:52)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Hi10: how many ReFrames?
If <= 12 -- then there may be hope for 4K +

Checked, and the number of ref frames varies -- sometimes 8, and sometimes 16. Still looking forward to see what my 4k+ will be able to do with the 8 ref frames videos though!

(2019-05-29, 01:46)wrxtasy Wrote: The AML S922X Chipset in the N2 with it's pretty powerful 6 core CPU package can Software decode 1080p Hi10p Anime with no issues.
The CPU package it has would be the second most powerful ARM one I have seen for a media player, after the Apple TV 4K.

I'm even finding the ARM G51 GPU has some sort of Anti-Aliasing picture processing to remove Jaggies from Animation type video when Hardware decoding.
Excluding DolbyVision, to my eyes, It's even better output quality than the picture output class leader the Apple TV 4K, which surprised me.

Both are pretty snappy, when you use a Wireless remote.

Thanks! As I'm in a primarily Apple ecosystem now, I'd have strongly considered the ATV4k, but needed Kodi's abilities beyond MrMC. Primarily because I use the fantastic "Best of NHK" addon by @misty01 daily. And Kodi's retrogaming capabilities has my interest very strongly piqued. Smile
Noted on the advice to use a good remote. I primarily use a wireless / bluetooth keyboard, but I'm also quite satisfied with the Vero remote when the keyboard is out of reach.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID N2 - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel - by ponkotsu - 2019-05-29, 15:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4