Introduce user-selectable options to disable Mediacodec for mpeg2, mpeg4, and h.264
I wanted to bump this thread.  @fritsch mentioned that the android developers have something different in mind regarding software decoding options for mpeg2, h.264 and mpeg4.  I have recently dicscovered that some 576p h.264 encoded videos do not play with hardware decode even on my rock solid S905X Libreelec box.  Fortunately there is a option to enable hardware decoding on libreelec only for "HD and up" videos.  Software decoding worked fine for these videos.

Could we expect inclusion of some switches to enable hardware decoding of mpeg2, mpeg4 or h.264 ONLY for "all" or "HD and up" oe "None" in the next Kodi version?    

Also @fritsch, your apk from androidswmpeg2 branch is no longer available on your test site.    I use my own compiled apk, which works fine, but it is compiled in debug mode, resulting in 96Mb apk.  How do I get the release 60-61Mb apk?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introduce user-selectable options to disable Mediacodec for mpeg2, mpeg4, and h.264 - by alekseyzimin - 2019-03-27, 21:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Introduce user-selectable options to disable Mediacodec for mpeg2, mpeg4, and h.2642