Dummies Guide to Extended Artwork doesn't seem to be working for me...
Ok, so I figured out the permission issue (forgot to put the username and password in the SMB share in Kodi). SOOooo, now that that is fixed...

Here is the updated .nfo file created....

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<artist>
    <name>’Til Tuesday</name>
    <musicBrainzArtistID>8cf8869d-e066-4c94-b734-fe05749badf0</musicBrainzArtistID>
    <sortname>Til Tuesday</sortname>
    <type></type>
    <gender></gender>
    <disambiguation></disambiguation>
    <genre>Pop/Rock</genre>
    <style>Rock/Pop</style>
    <mood>Detached</mood>
    <mood>Melancholy</mood>
    <mood>Stylish</mood>
    <mood>Tense/Anxious</mood>
    <mood>Bittersweet</mood>
    <mood>Intimate</mood>
    <mood>Poignant</mood>
    <mood>Reflective</mood>
    <mood>Wistful</mood>
    <mood>Yearning</mood>
    <yearsactive>1980s</yearsactive>
    <born></born>
    <formed>1983</formed>
    <biography>Remembered for their lone hit single &quot;Voices Carry,&quot; &apos;Til Tuesday gradually evolved from a new wave pop band into a vehicle for the songwriting of Aimee Mann. Emerging at the tail end of new wave, &apos;Til Tuesday&apos;s commercial fortunes were helped dramatically by a stylish video for &quot;Voices Carry,&quot; which quickly became an MTV favorite. However, the group wasn&apos;t able to follow the single with another hit; furthermore, their albums weren&apos;t just ignored by the public, they received little media attention as well</biography>
    <died></died>
    <disbanded>Yes</disbanded>
    <path>smb://kodi:[email protected]/media/Music/Artist Information/’Til Tuesday</path>
    <album>
        <title>Everything&apos;s Different Now</title>
        <year>1988</year>
    </album>
    <album>
        <title>Welcome Home</title>
        <year>1986</year>
    </album>
    <album>
        <title>Voices Carry</title>
        <year>1985</year>
    </album>
    <album>
        <title>Coming Up Close: A Retrospective</title>
        <year>1996</year>
    </album>
</artist>

Which is the same as the one from MediaElch...so that works on a Fresh install of Kodi. Still only got the two artworks (fanart.jpg, and folder.jpg), but at least we know that is a problem in Kodi 18.1.

Next I will test copying artwork (banner, logo, and various fanarts - fanart1, fanart2, etc.), then I'll go to the Artist or Album information page, and hit the refresh, and see what happens.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dummies Guide to Extended Artwork doesn't seem to be working for me... - by Powerhouse - 2019-03-20, 03:36
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dummies Guide to Extended Artwork doesn't seem to be working for me...0