Is there ANY Android hardware out there that runs Kodi and has working deinterlacing?
For the past several months I have been on a quest to find Android hardware to run Kodi and HDHomerun app.  My requirements:

1. Run Kodi Leia 18 with proper automatic framerate switching, proper colorspace switching and HDR and HD audio bitstreaming (at least Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA)
2. Be Google certified, to watch DRM channels from HDHomerun via HDHomerun app
3. Have working high quality deinterlacing for Live TV
4. Have working HDMI-CEC control
5. Run Amazon Prime Video app with AFR, 4k, HDR

So far the three near-winners are
1. Amazon Fire TV 3 -- pendant, but Kodi HD audio does not work, not Google certified, so no DRM channels
2. Nvidia Shield TV, but Live TV deinterlacing is worse than Fire TV 3, picture is fuzzy even if the box set to output 1080p resolution, compared to Fire TV 3, stuttering visible on CNN
3. Xiaomi Mi box (2016), but Live TV deinterlacing is worse than Fire TV 3, Amazon prime app is questionable, has to be sideloaded and may stop working any minute

As far as i can see there is no single box that does it all.  My current setup is cheap chinese S905X bot with Libreelec that does Kodi perfectly, and Fire TV 3 for everything else but (2).  

Does anyone know of a single box solution for this?

Messages In This Thread
Is there ANY Android hardware out there that runs Kodi and has working deinterlacing? - by alekseyzimin - 2019-05-16, 22:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there ANY Android hardware out there that runs Kodi and has working deinterlacing?0