Please add full HDR and Dolby Vision Support to next kodi major Version
(2020-04-17, 11:25)bleze Wrote:
(2020-04-17, 11:20)dajoe Wrote: It is possible with tools like latest makemkv to create dual layer single stream DV video that (currently only after conversion to a TS container) can be played back with DV on an nv shield using the licensed HW decoder.

Of course you still need a licensed decoder in HW but in case you had one, like on a S922X-J box, is there a roadblock for Kodi to use it on Linux? 
Can you link to more info or explain in detail?

So ripping a UHD movie with MakeMKV will make a MKV file with DV which after conversion to TS (using what?), is playable on the new nVidia Shield (which I have) using what? Kodi?

You can find more information on the makemkv Forum

I don't think DV is currently possible on Kodi even on Shield, but Plex or MX player seem to be able to play the TS with DV, not yet the mkv. The tool used to create that TS is tsMuxeR. There are still some issues regarding HD or Atmos audio but workarounds for that exist, too.

I don't own a shield so I cannot test it myself but I think with the recent advances in this regard I'd be really interested, ideally a S922X-J box running something like Coreelec but Android+Kodi on Shield would be a nice first step.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please add full HDR and Dolby Vision Support to next kodi major Version - by dajoe - 2020-04-17, 13:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please add full HDR and Dolby Vision Support to next kodi major Version2