Using a human friendly folder structure and multiple music sources
@black_eagle I'm all for more flexible ways of browsing your music collection, but the fundamentals of Kodi GUI navigation are hard things to change. I'm a database guy so I start at that end of things, because that has to be inplace before anything else can work.  I will also admit my motivation for tackling the GUI navigation end of things has dropped since I found out that Yatse already does most of what I personally want anyway. But that doesn't mean I won't look at it.

It is kind of ironic that my work so far has left you prefering file view mode (with your new music folder layout). That was not the plan!! What you ask for here - a means to navigate sources directly to albums - is very reasonable but as a new feature would not be backportable to a point release (not my rules BTW). Is the extra click on "*all artists" too bad a step in the meantime? You are seeing that item, right?

The historic differences between filter and folder nodes, when <group> works and how it works are messy @jjd-uk. As a means for the user to specify what they want the nodes to do your suggestions are good, but there is more internal work needed to get that facility to work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a human friendly folder structure and multiple music sources - by DaveBlake - 2019-07-17, 12:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using a human friendly folder structure and multiple music sources0