Leave My Movie Artwork Alone!
If I move an existing scraped title with custom selected artwork to a different source, Kodi sees this as a new addition to my collection even though it already previously existed.  I understand why and it's normal.  However, once this 'new' title is re-added, my existing artwork is overwritten without fail - I assume by TMDB.  When I go to the TMDB add-on there is a config for it although nothing for 'if artwork already exists, do not overwrite and replace' what took someone countless hours to customize.

Kodi v19, not that it matters since this has been a problem for me through many versions.
Kodi Media setting to Update Library on Startup is enabled because I want new additions to scrape in otherwise it will never show up.
Artwork Beef enabled or disabled doesn't matter.  I usually have it enabled with Add Artwork for New Videos After Library Updates to automate the whole process.
TMDB is selected scraper during source setup.  If I select nfo, then existing stuff should be fine but then new stuff never gets added because I create nfo's through Kodi after being scraped in.  I would use nfo only and let Artwork Beef handle the entire load except it's only for artwork and nothing for synopsis and other metadata unless I'm mistaken.
Add-on Local Information Only is installed and there is no config for it.
All titles are in their own folder along with artwork and nfo's.

I'm about to re-scrape in my entire collection since I've moved all the sources as well as a complete fresh install of Kodi.  I've been through this before - having to completely start over with all my artwork.  I don't want to start over.  I want what I have to remain, be applied, and not get overwritten with substitutes I didn't request.  I've got to be doing something very wrong?

Hoping for suggestions.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Messages In This Thread
Leave My Movie Artwork Alone! - by brazen1 - 2019-09-02, 20:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Leave My Movie Artwork Alone!0