Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
I've bought 6x CoreElec Odroid N2 boxes. 4 will remain pure CoreElec KODI but 2 will be Android 9.0 (PIE) KODI because I needed to integrate the VirginTV Anywhere Android App to get TV to 2 of the 6 TV's in the house that can't have an actual Virgin Media Set Top Box. (Virgin limit each household to a maximum of 1 main and 3 mini multiroom boxes) So, anyway, that integration worked out as good as could be expected which is great. Andoird KODI can start Android apps, so I Favourited the VirginTV app and set it as a KODI Home Menu Item. Clicking the menu item instantly loads up the Virgin app and closing the Virgin app takes one back to the KODI main Menu. Some Android remotes I have on the way may allow conventional remote arrow key navigation within the Android Virgin app but even if they don't the Air mouse functionality will allow interaction with all the features of the Virgin app. It then occured to me that I might be able to do the same with my Netflix and Amazon VOD subs. Got both working but the mce test remote I am using for testing till the Android remotes arrive was having the same issue with not really allowing proper arrow key UI navigation within those apps, again having to use the touch pad mouse functionality of the test remote. While researching I learned there was actual Netflix and Amazon Add-ons. The Netflix one has worked perfectly from the getgo and its great to be able to navigate it with the remote like the rest of KODI and allso great to be able to use the lovely KODI Skin Views.

However, while the Amazon VOD Add-on is working, its taking an age to get from menu to sub menu to show to episode list, like its taking forever to cache the thumbnails and episode descriptions or something. I clicked on 'Amazon Original Series' for example and it took about a minute of spinning blue ring to get in but then I was able to browse the shows in Wall view snappily. However, then I clicked on Top TV and the blue ring has been spinning for about 20 minutes now and seems to be 'Loading Page 29' etc now. DO I just need to enter every Menu item to let it cache everything once and then going forwards when its only the odd new show or episode added, there won't be a delay or is something actually wrong and this is not normal behaviour of the add-on? If I can get the Amazon VOD add-on working, then I will be very close to having a fantastic little Box under the TV integrating VirginTV, Netflix and Amazon VOD under the KODI umbrella. My family has over a decade of KODI experience behind them so getting all these apps integrated into KODI will be fantastic and everyone will be able to access all our content be it Live TV, our 40TB Media Server content, Netflix and Amazon VOD without needing to call me because they've pressed the wrong button. Like I said, they are all proficient KODI UI users at this point.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]] - by calibos - 2020-06-08, 22:07
Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-20, 20:42
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Varstahl - 2020-09-21, 09:40
RE: Episodes list don't update. - by Pharazon - 2020-09-22, 02:52
No Videos Showing in Amazon VOD - by bzoit9 - 2023-01-02, 19:21
Amazon VOD addon - by Sumanyu - 2020-08-17, 01:58
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2