Weird sorting/tag problem
This is what Picard shows:
https://imgur.com/a/FR7lDoT
no changed values!

Am using puddletag for tagging, but only for albums without MBID. And yes, I can see all tags there (v2.4, v1.1 and APE). The APE tags could possibly come from mp3gain, but am unsure and I would have to look. But as Kodi reads v2.4, I'm only looking on them.
Quote:However something has caused the COMPOSER tag value to be in a different order from that given by default now by Picard v2.1.3 and, most significanltly, different from the artist order in COMPOSERSORT.  Any ideas what caused that?
No Wink
Only settings I have changed lately in Picard is to use 'standardized artistsnames' and sometimes 'translation if possible' (for Japanese Ska albums).
There are only a few albums/artists that doesn't fit. So if it would be some plugin or setting in Picard, that sorting mismatch would occur more often.

Yes! Found it, I guess...
There's a setting under 'Tags': "Preserve these tags from being cleared or overwritten with MusicBrainz data". Somehow, don't ask me how, there was an entry "composer". Don't know how it got there. Some right-clicking probably ... ;(
After removing it, Picard looks like this now:
https://imgur.com/undefined

What is still unsolved now, is how the mis-ordering came into the tags? Maybe the order of COMPOSERs changed and COMPOSERSORT, too, but as the COMPOSER tag was being preserved, they differed from that time on?

That means, re-tagging all music to be sure... I'll start with the ones in the DB I sent to you, for to see, if it solves the sorting.

Thx so far, will report back!

Messages In This Thread
Weird sorting/tag problem - by Uatschitchun - 2019-11-25, 22:29
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by Karellen - 2019-11-25, 22:34
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-26, 12:02
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-26, 15:45
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by Uatschitchun - 2019-11-26, 16:54
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-26, 17:33
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by scott967 - 2019-11-26, 19:53
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-30, 17:25
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by DaveBlake - 2019-11-30, 20:21
RE: Weird sorting/tag problem - by scott967 - 2019-12-01, 20:14