Stream address is not recognized
(2020-01-28, 20:52)Newbie268 Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 20:39)Newbie268 Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 19:01)phunkyfish Wrote:  

Just streamed in parallel in VLC--> No artefacts in VLC--> Seems not caused by the stream itself!

Good to have a confirmation for this. The same here - the streams are very reliable (according to VLC and to my test program). So we can rely on your results.

There is still a risk and a difference to VLC. From my Analysis of VLC source code, it really does understand the rtp protocol in combination with SSM. Ffmpeg Fails here. So we lie to ffmpeg, and tell it to assume UDP. Then ffmpeg is expecting "pure" mpegts. But the stream is rtp. The difference is (simplifying here): rtp has an additional 12 Bytes as Header. For MagentaTV, then 7 times a 188 Bytes Long ts will follow. So, Decoding from the start of the data must produce some garbage. TS can be detected by the first Byte, that has to be 0x47. Certainly, any Decoder will search for this marker, and skip garbage before the marker. However, the marker can, by coincidence, also be inside the rtp Header. I.e. inside the sequence number field or the timestamp. So a primitive garbage detection, that searches for the first 0x47 can fail with some small probability. Stuff like this will yield in typical "green Errors" and other block artifacts. A smarter garbage detector will look at 0x47 and test for 0x47 another 188 Bytes later. If not both match, the start of mpegts not found yet. Then, even with the wron protocol (pure UDP instead of rtp on UDP), basically no Errors will arise.

(Sorry, my English spelling might be bad enough already. When I type words inside the Forum Software here, random words are capitalized. I resign, correcting that).

Messages In This Thread
Stream address is not recognized - by akel89 - 2020-01-12, 02:43
RE: Stream address is not recognized - by buers - 2020-01-29, 00:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream address is not recognized1