[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!
(2020-04-12, 12:08)jmh2002 Wrote: I may have missed something in the thread, or this may just be against the original intention of the addon, but would it please also be possible to have an option to display the items in date order - well, maybe the order in the addon they are received from would be better?

I mean, when I have a Group with several sources, let's say for example YouTube My Subscriptions & GQ New Videos (I'm testing with these), they should show by "Most Recent".

Because I would like to use AutoWidget to create both a Group and a Widget that shows all the New Videos from Kodi's various streaming video addons.

As I mentioned earlier, this is what I requested way back in 2016 in another thread (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2351572) so I am very happy and excited to have the chance of finally getting this working with AutoWidget. This would really help simplify my Kodi home screen menu.

Happy Easter, and THANKS! for all of your work Smile

At this time it isn't possible to set that type of parameter per-path. You can, however, typically set it per-widget in the skin settings.

If you're trying this wondering why it's not working, you need to set properties like sorting, limit, aspect, and the like, after running "Initialize Widgets", or they get wiped out during the "conversion".

EDIT: As I've mentioned before when this comes up, you could also create Smart Playlists which sort their own content the way you'd like, and then use that playlist as a path in an AutoWidget group. This should preserve the sorting, as far as I can tell, as long as the widget itself isn't set up to change it (I'd use "default" widget sorting).

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you! - by drinfernoo - 2020-04-12, 15:35
Suggestion for next version - by justin150 - 2021-03-08, 13:37
Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 05:33
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 07:11
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 16:10
RE: Android Shortcuts - by jdig4240 - 2022-01-12, 16:51
RE: Android Shortcuts - by JSAKelley - 2022-01-12, 23:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] AutoWidget - Let your widgets work for you!1