How can I add MKS for subtitle file type
(2020-06-05, 01:16)Theli93 Wrote: It may be a bit confusing, as MKS is a container that is already supported showing in your supported formats link under "Container formats: MKV/MKA (Matroska)". MKS is part of the standard Matroska spec (MKV - video, MKA - audio, MKS - subtitle), it is all the same Matroska container.

No it is not supported. It may officially be a part of the MK-group (mkv, mka, mks), but that doesn't mean automatically that the .mks extension and thus file format is supported by a media player as well. The same way that you could use MKV files for storing artwork only, and call it a .mkg (graphics). The possibility is there, but it doesn't mean that support is automatically added to a media player. That extra functionality will need to be developed first.

So adding support for .mks files will require a boatload of coding in the subtitle section of Kodi. Given the absence of global popularity of this extension, I'd say the chance of adding mks support to Kodi is pretty much zero at this time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can I add MKS for subtitle file type - by Klojum - 2020-06-05, 01:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I add MKS for subtitle file type0