Solved Screen flickers like crazy when kodi is fullscreen on screen#2 and a program is on #1
DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD improves performance: is needed by 4K HDR 60 fps on some systems as Intel NUC8i3BEK. Without this, some frame drops occurs (continuously).

On the other hand this is probably a bug of Windows 10 2004 exclusive and will go away on next Windows 10 20H2 or with future NVIDIA drivers.

I honestly do not think it is very common to have Kodi on a single monitor but in the background or use ALT-TAB habitually. Kodi is an application to use mostly in full screen.

For this reason I have solved it only for the case of two monitors (where it makes more sense to use them at the same time). It is also the case that systems with two monitors are usually more powerful desktop PCs (dedicated NVIDIA graphics) and are not affected by the loss of performance playing 4K HDR 60 fps.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Screen flickers like crazy when kodi is fullscreen on screen#2 and a program is on #1 - by jogal - 2020-08-01, 18:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickers like crazy when kodi is fullscreen on screen#2 and a program is on #10