Moving an album/artist without being recognized as newly added?
If I want to move an album/artist folder within my filesystem to another location, how do I prevent it being recognized as new?

Moving folders of artists/albums results in Kodi recognizing them as newly added. How can one prevent this?

Background:
I do like to have my newly acquired music within a separate folder (New music; also a separate source within kodi) for to be able to listen to these intentionally by choosing to play this source. Once I'm knowing these artists/albums and am able to classify, I'd like to move those artists/albums out of this "New music" folder to where they belong. By doing this, Kodi recognizes them as "new" after updating and cleaning the library.

How am I able to solve moving artists/albums without them being recognized as new and, most importantly, without removing and/or re-adding sources?

If the music is tagged with MBIDs couldn't Kodi recognize a moved album/artist as already present in the DB and just change the path?

Messages In This Thread
Moving an album/artist without being recognized as newly added? - by Uatschitchun - 2021-01-18, 14:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving an album/artist without being recognized as newly added?0