media flags info
Hi,
i've done a little bit of research about the media flags since i don't really like the way all the other apps are gettering their info about the movie and i got some few questions.
from what i've seen all the apps are taking some folder as the base folder and then start scaning al the containing folders names and parsing the tags they could getter from there, but as it turns out actually a lot of the info could be taken directly from the db itself no need to scan any of the folders, what i want to do is write some python script that can be run from within xbmc to scan the db and parse the tags directly from there.
but i got some question i need to be answered before i will dive in, i guess djh is the right man to answer that.
as i can see if we take for example the movie file name "Burn.After.Reading.720p.BluRay.x264-dts-REFiNED.mkv" then BluRay would be the intial format of the file, x264 would be the codeck and dts would be the sound quality, but what if we had a file with no special flags something like "ADAM_BEN_KELEV.avi" then we have no tags to parse.

now if i would read the tags inside the file not the ones that the file name supply, i mean directly from the file itself then i can getter the video codec name the frame rates the sound codec as well as how many channels, but as u can see there's no way of finding the bluray tag.

so here are the questions that i wanted to ask:
a - what are exectly the tags that aeon like to know about?
b - as said i could get all this info directly from the db, what if i'll wiil store few more fields inside the db could aeon or any other skin for that matter get them directly like for example if i'm goanna store them in fields called c21, c22, c23 and so on would the skin be able to get them(i really want to eliminate the need of the nfo file)?

probably i'll have few more but this is what i could think of right now,
anyway waiting for some kind of input before attempting to write it down.

good day.

Messages In This Thread
media flags info - by motyR - 2009-04-05, 02:50
[No subject] - by fekker - 2009-04-05, 07:58
[No subject] - by Hitcher - 2009-04-05, 11:47
[No subject] - by paul - 2009-04-05, 11:54
[No subject] - by pletopia - 2009-04-05, 12:08
[No subject] - by Hitcher - 2009-04-05, 12:30
[No subject] - by motyR - 2009-04-05, 15:33
[No subject] - by memnock1985 - 2009-05-17, 00:01
[No subject] - by pletopia - 2009-05-17, 00:13
[No subject] - by memnock1985 - 2009-05-17, 01:06