Recovering a Potential Brick
Background info:

Have successfully mod-ed my 1st xbox, runs xbmc (t3ch build) fine.

Basically got another box for free from a friend, who several years ago (as far as I can tell) bricked it. He had been trying to do something w/ the HD hooked up to his computer, and now it doesn't work. It starts up and goes through the usual xbox load up / splash screen, and then gives the following two errors:

"Xbox Live is updating your system. Please don't turn off your xbox."

Followed by

"Xbox Live is not responding. Please try again later."

Knowing the HD was messed up ahead of time, I downloaded Installer Deluxe XBMC, hoping that if I could get the DVD-ROM drive to read, I could just over write whatever else is still on the system.

I have no concern for keeping any of the original functionality of the xbox, and really only plan on using this as a media player for my room. I set up an NAS specifically so all my media was accessible for both xboxes in my apartment.

The thought of cloning the other xbox HD has crossed through my head, but I'm fairly certain they have some different hardware. If there is any sort of guide or suggestion anyone has Please don't hold back. Thanks
Current: Nvidia Shield TV (2nd Gen)
Retired: Asus M004u Chromebox - LibreELEC 7.0.1 | Raspberry Pi 2 - OpenELEC 6.0.3 | Apple TV w/ BCM70015 - CrystalBuntu 2.0 | Raspberry Pi - Model B - OpenElec Kodi 15

Messages In This Thread
Recovering a Potential Brick - by xi_Slick_ix - 2009-09-19, 03:59
[No subject] - by TeknoJnky - 2009-09-19, 04:11
[No subject] - by xi_Slick_ix - 2009-09-19, 04:49
[No subject] - by Bomb Bloke - 2009-09-19, 08:50
[No subject] - by xi_Slick_ix - 2009-09-23, 22:52
[No subject] - by flipped cracker - 2009-09-24, 02:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recovering a Potential Brick0