[LINUX] Media library organization
Hello there,
I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if this is the correct section to poste this question.
I'm trying to understand if XBMC has the functionality that I am looking for.

With Amarok Music Player 1.4 I am able to organize my .mp3 files into a library within my file system. I have a folder within my file system where I put new mp3 files, then I tell Amarok to automatically download information about this new tracks from musicbrainz and automatically fill the ID3 tags. Finally I can tell Amarok to organize my music and it just moves the new tracks within my library which is organized in a tree of folders with the Music/Artist/Album/songs structure. All this in four clicks.

I would like to know if XBMC has a similar functionality for what concerns video files. I would like to phisically organize my files in a structure like Videos/Movies/Director/movies or Videos/TVSeries/Serie/Season/episodes and I would like to have it done automatically on the base of information from IMDB or TVdb.

Is this functionality present in XBMC? If it is present can anyone explain me how to do because I haven't found it. If it is not present, can anyone suggest me some other linux program that is able to do this and that I can use in combination with XBMC. I would like to use XBMC because it is present in the linux distribution i use which is Sabayon, but I also want to phisically organize my media files to use it without XBMC simply browsing my file system.

Excuse me for the bad english and thanks in advance for your answers.

Messages In This Thread
[LINUX] Media library organization - by mizar - 2009-12-26, 23:11
[No subject] - by jmarshall - 2009-12-26, 23:47
[No subject] - by mizar - 2009-12-27, 02:25
[No subject] - by mizar - 2009-12-27, 12:06
[No subject] - by jmarshall - 2009-12-27, 22:46
[No subject] - by sho - 2009-12-27, 23:06
[No subject] - by mizar - 2009-12-28, 05:07
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Media library organization0