• 10(current)
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers
(2013-01-28, 14:49)komarto Wrote: Hi,

can someone help with Amblone setup?

I get an error "14:42:06 T:4548 ERROR: DFAtmo: output driver error: could not open serial port device 'COM16': The system cannot find the file specified."

The amblone software works on COM16 (I made sure it is not running while XBMC is running.)

I used the following string:
output driver -> Serial.

Driver parameters -> COM16&speed:256000&proto:amblone

Also tried

Driver parameters -> COM16&speed:256000&amblone&proto:amblone

Am I doing something wrong?

Serial ports with a port number greater 9 have to be specified with a full device path.
Please try the following:

Driver parameters -> \\.\COM16&speed:256000&amblone:&proto:amblone

- durchflieger

(2013-01-31, 12:55)F0x123 Wrote: oh, I thought using an arduino is quite common.
I built a adalight system with this how-to

So do I need a daemon or something like that to get the xbmc addon connected to my arduino or where do I configure ports, protocol, rates, etc.?

The DFAtmo xbmc plugin has it's own setup menu where everything is configured.
A description of all the parameters is in the READ file of the project:

https://github.com/durchflieger/DFAtmo

(Scroll this page down for the readme information)

The README is also included in the DFAtmo plugin zip file. After installation of the plugin you find the file within
the XBMC's user specific configuration directory under "addons/script.dfatmo/readme.txt".

(2012-12-31, 02:16)Data1706 Wrote: Hi,

i have a Problem with my Atmolight and DFAtmo at XBMC 12 RC2 (Frodo) Windows 7.
With XBMC 11 (Eden), anything works fine. But with the new version, the Atmolight effects
are stuttering and slowly.

Any Ideas?

thanks

I can reproduce the bug on Windows and Linux.
The reason is a brocken render capture feature in xbmc frodo Sad
I already send a bug report to the xbmc team.
I am now working on a workaround within DFAtmo.

- durchflieger
Hi durchflieger,

thank you, I read this file. I thought, I would still need a daemon like with boblight where you have a script addon in xbmc and a separate daemon which is connected to the arduino usb device.

So DFAtmo supports the arduino controller? Because alexxxo was not sure and I did not find any pde file to program the arduino controller for the DFAtmo commands.
(2013-01-31, 22:43)durchflieger Wrote:
(2013-01-28, 14:49)komarto Wrote: Hi,

can someone help with Amblone setup?

I get an error "14:42:06 T:4548 ERROR: DFAtmo: output driver error: could not open serial port device 'COM16': The system cannot find the file specified."

The amblone software works on COM16 (I made sure it is not running while XBMC is running.)

I used the following string:
output driver -> Serial.

Driver parameters -> COM16&speed:256000&proto:amblone

Also tried

Driver parameters -> COM16&speed:256000&amblone&proto:amblone

Am I doing something wrong?

Serial ports with a port number greater 9 have to be specified with a full device path.
Please try the following:

Driver parameters -> \\.\COM16&speed:256000&amblone:&proto:amblone

- durchflieger

I suspected it was the high COM number so I changed to COM3 and it worked, but to check your solution I changed back to 16 again
I can confirm that COM16 now works Big Grin.

(2013-02-02, 01:13)durchflieger Wrote:
(2012-12-31, 02:16)Data1706 Wrote: Hi,

i have a Problem with my Atmolight and DFAtmo at XBMC 12 RC2 (Frodo) Windows 7.
With XBMC 11 (Eden), anything works fine. But with the new version, the Atmolight effects
are stuttering and slowly.

Any Ideas?

thanks

I can reproduce the bug on Windows and Linux.
The reason is a brocken render capture feature in xbmc frodo Sad
I already send a bug report to the xbmc team.
I am now working on a workaround within DFAtmo.

- durchflieger

Hi,

It good to know it's a bug because I was about to post on how to improve the performence of the color change, I tested DFAtmo
only on frodo releases so I did not had anything to compare to besides the Amblone software which changes the colors super fast.

Hope this issue will be resolved soon. I would like to thank you for your hard work.
(2013-02-02, 14:18)F0x123 Wrote: Hi durchflieger,

thank you, I read this file. I thought, I would still need a daemon like with boblight where you have a script addon in xbmc and a separate daemon which is connected to the arduino usb device.

So DFAtmo supports the arduino controller? Because alexxxo was not sure and I did not find any pde file to program the arduino controller for the DFAtmo commands.

DFAtmo itself does not come with any firmware for controllers like arduino. It is only a frontend that sends data to these controllers.
For arduino based solutions this is normaly done through a serial port so you have to use the serial output driver of DFAtmo.
You need already a firmware on your arduino that can control some lights and then you have to figure out the data protocol for that
firmware.
In DFAtmo the "Drivers parameters" parameter of the serial output driver has to be configured for that particular protocol your
firmware expects.

- durchflieger

durchflieger, is there any progress with the bug?
(2013-02-04, 12:28)komarto Wrote: durchflieger, is there any progress with the bug?

In the mean time i have issued three bug tickets to the xbmc team.
Two bugs have already been fixed. One is already in work.

There will be no support for XBMC 12.0 Frodo stable for DFAtmo because of these bugs Sad

In the near feature you will have to use a recent nightly build of xbmc, wait for official 12.1Huh or go back to Eden.

- durchflieger
(2013-02-04, 13:01)durchflieger Wrote:
(2013-02-04, 12:28)komarto Wrote: durchflieger, is there any progress with the bug?

In the mean time i have issued three bug tickets to the xbmc team.
Two bugs have already been fixed. One is already in work.

There will be no support for XBMC 12.0 Frodo stable for DFAtmo because of these bugs Sad

In the near feature you will have to use a recent nightly build of xbmc, wait for official 12.1Huh or go back to Eden.

- durchflieger

Thanks for the update, I have no problem to use nightly build, just let us know when the bug is fixed Big Grin

Yes, I hope that the bug will be fixed in latest nightly....durchflieger, please, confirm when the Team XBMC fixes the problem Smile

Very thanks for your awesome add-on Smile
durchflieger, any updates on the bug?

I don't want to trouble you but can give us a link to the bug on github so we
Wont bother you with "is it fixed?" questions Big Grin
(2013-02-09, 01:05)komarto Wrote: durchflieger, any updates on the bug?

I don't want to trouble you but can give us a link to the bug on github so we
Wont bother you with "is it fixed?" questions Big Grin

According to xbmc team all bugs have been fixed and merged into master branch Smile
These are the ticket numbers:
14048, 14049, 14044

I don't have done any tests yet with dfatmo and xbmc nightly builds.

- durchflieger
Hi,

Just tested with the latest nightly on windwos 7, Because I just recently built my amblone hardware and always used it on the
Bugged frodo version I don't know how it was running on eden.

But to my naked eye DFAtmo seems to be running faster and smother Big Grin!

Can someone that was using DFAtmo on eden confirm that the latest nightly solved the problem?

Thank you durchflieger for solving this issue Big Grin
I will test it tonight with latest git and xbmcbuntu 12.04 LTS. I'm compiling the code now Tongue

Start and stop DFAtmo works again perfectly and the lights seems to change correctly (smooth and quickly) but I can't confirm at 100% beacause in Spain today is very sunny and I don't see the lights perfectly xD but it seems to be ok.

Regards and VERY THANKS to durchflieger!!! Smile

PS: The only problem is that this version of XBMC is XBMC 13 ALPHA1 and is coming with debug mode enabled (it see in the log file), no chance to release any patch for Frodo 12 Stable?
Hi,

a new version 0.3.2 of DFAtmo is ready for download.
The changes:

Added support for XBMC V13 git revision past Feb. 10 2013
Note: Within XBMC V12.0 Frodo stable the DFAtmo support is brocken!!!
Added untested Makefile 'vdr2plug.mk' to build plugin for recent vdr versions
Added SVDRP command to vdr plugin to enable/disable plugin

Have fun!

- durchflieger
(2013-02-11, 12:12)durchflieger Wrote: Hi,

a new version 0.3.2 of DFAtmo is ready for download.
The changes:

Added support for XBMC V13 git revision past Feb. 10 2013
Note: Within XBMC V12.0 Frodo stable the DFAtmo support is brocken!!!
Added untested Makefile 'vdr2plug.mk' to build plugin for recent vdr versions
Added SVDRP command to vdr plugin to enable/disable plugin

Have fun!

- durchflieger

Thanks for the new version. In XBMC 13 Alpha1 (10 feb. 2013) I press DFatmo (under Programs), I see the "service stopped" message but when I play any videofile the lights are ON...

Thanks again and regards.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] DFAtmo the driver for Atmolight controllers1