• 10(current)
PAPlayer (PAP) in XBMC CVS, what is it?
that's great jonathan.

i knew i shouldn't have posted.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
ok, found the bug as to why ape tags don't read over xbmsp. it runs deeper than just xbmsp (also effects cdda, iso9660, relax, replaytv etc.) and i've tested a fix.

as it involves a fairly fundamental change on how these filereading classes handle seek from the end of files, i'm waiting on comments from the rest of the devs as to whether they see any issues with changing this in this way or not before i implement it.

if anyone wants to implement for their personal builds, just look for seek() in filexbmsp.cpp and in the seek_end section, change the - ifileposition to + ifileposition.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sounds good. i'll try out the change tonight.
thanks jonathan,

itunes works again. Smile

i also get crossfading, very nice.

good job.
v2 is great. i played back a couple of albums last night and it was flawless (1 second crossfade and rg).
Sad 
sorry i haven't had time to test paplayer (v1 or v2) Sad but i have a question in regards to "gapless" and "crossfade" and that question is; are thoise features optional?
....i know i second the request for both "gapless" and "crossfade" music-playback myself but i would still like a simple gui option to enable/disable those features :evil:
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
they are in the sense that you can choose either

so gapless or crossfade (variable length) if i'm not mistaken

Smile 
(pike @ may 25 2005,06:58 Wrote:they are in the sense that you can choose either, so gapless or crossfade (variable length) if i'm not mistaken
ok but what if a user prefers niether?, (so not gapless nor crossfade but standard playback with like 1-second gap in between the songs, to hear that the next song begins)
then atm, i guess they are sol. this would require a new option and guess who doesnt like new options? Confusedaint: (hint: not me)

(pike @ may 25 2005,07:32 Wrote:this would require a new option and guess who doesnt like new options?  Confusedaint: (hint: not me)
i know, but at least a such option wouldn't take up any more space in the gui settings if devs make it so the user can toggle 'gapless/crossfade/standard-gap' in the same option.
(...at the most they could add a second option for the 'crossfade/standard' time that connected to both of them, and simply gray that option out when 'gapless' is selected :idea: )
if the files aren't gapless, they won't play gapless.

most songs have a small amount of silence at the start/end if they are designed not to be played gapless.

i don't see why should will be an issue.

get paplayer!!

hi guys (and jonathan in particular). i don't know what it is but i still have plenty of problems with paplayer, even version two (running a cvs build from 05/24). the major problem is with streaming from an itunes/daap share over a 54g wireless lan. it doesn't skip, it just doesn't work. it takes an age to start playing and invariably freezes xbmc after it's played the first song.
switching to mplayer works much better, although for some reason mplayer will no longer play a song from itunes that's under two minutes long (i've seen this bug mentioned elsewhere).
is this a known issue with paplayer and itunes/daap shares? i've been scanning the forums for a few weeks now and nobody's come up with a definitive answer.
itunes sharing working fine for me. which version of itunes are you using?

just tested wireless w/ version 4.8, only have six songs though. everything works, crossfade too. it takes about 2-3 seconds for the first song to start. after that it's fine.
i'm running itunes 4.8 on a mac os x box (running 10.4.1). maybe i should try a clean install of xbmc again.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PAPlayer (PAP) in XBMC CVS, what is it?0