• 10(current)
[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 1
No. The drivers aren't in that kernel. (Kernel 3.2.x) Nothing I can do about that. This version I definitely won't update anymore.
But I have a version based on 14.04 and kernel 4.4.53 which does has the drivers. I'm swimming in work atm, but maybe I can package the new version if I find time.
Thank you, Soli! That'd be great!

I tried 1.6 anyway, it works well! Great work!
I might have discovered a bug on Quartz (don't know whom to contact so I am trying to post it here, but don't mean I am pointing to Soli of course). When I was trying to use an add on (called PCTV to support the Hauppauge / PCTV OTA streamer products), I had to go into settings (or called configuration in Confluence), and I have to change an IP address in it. When I was installing it in Kinos 1.6, I cannot launch the pop up windows, unlike when I installed it on Kodi 17.6 on Android, or SPMC 16.7 on Android. Thus, I cannot change the IP address.

I have to change the skin to Confluence in order to do that, and it was successful.

Now I am not sure should I switch back to Quartz. Is Quartz much lower in resource used? Besides Kinos I have never used Quartz but I am familiar with Confluence.

Otherwise, it works very well. Of course I cannot stream some high bitrate video w/o the breaking up or lags etc on this box, knowing the hardware limit, but still excellent overall.
Hey I can take a look at where the bug in Quartz is. It's likely an existing bug in quartz before I reworked it as I didn't touch that screen and never even have used it. I'll try to suss it out. Quartz is indeed less ram intensive than Confluence though Confluence is by no means a "heavy" skin. Quartz is afaik the leanest of the skins I have come across so thats why I use it.
If Dynaflash fixes the skin in Github: Read Notes at the end of second paragraph for how to update the quartz skin. It's a 10 second operation.
(2018-06-01, 17:11)dynaflash Wrote: Hey I can take a look at where the bug in Quartz is. It's likely an existing bug in quartz before I reworked it as I didn't touch that screen and never even have used it. I'll try to suss it out. Quartz is indeed less ram intensive than Confluence though Confluence is by no means a "heavy" skin. Quartz is afaik the leanest of the skins I have come across so thats why I use it.
 Thank you, dynaflash. If that is the case, I will switch back to Quartz. I don't mind using a diff skin as long as it's simple and this one looks very good.

(BTW, the settings pop up fine, I just can't get the IP address in the box to "pop up" to an on screen keypad w/ numbers for editing.)
I am trying to set up an IPTV streaming (remote) service, and try to enable PVR IPTV Simple Client, but after setting up config etc, it gave me that it can't load. rebooted system, same. Wonder why. I tried to install it manually, and it replied saying it (already) has the latest version, didn't install. Strange.

On latest version of Kinos.

(BTW, also after I set this up, a Live TV menu showed up, but when I get this additional menu, it pushed the last item on the right out of the screen, thus it's missing. It's a UI issue w/ Quartz I think.)
(2018-06-23, 00:38)fortissimo Wrote: (BTW, also after I set this up, a Live TV menu showed up, but when I get this additional menu, it pushed the last item on the right out of the screen, thus it's missing. It's a UI issue w/ Quartz I think.)

It is in fact an issue with the current rev of Quartz, it's the biggest bug and only rears its ugly head when live tv is used.

It's detailed here: Github

I am working on the fix hopefully within a week, otherwise if you can disable another item in preferences like for instance I don't use Pictures. Then it all lines up just fine.
I just found out about Kinos and this week I installed it on my ATV1. I was running Crystalbuntu before.

So far it is working pretty well for me, but I do have an issue to ask about. Quite often when playing video files (.flv) my ViewSonic monitor blanks out and then shows an "out of range" error. This didn't happen with the earlier Crystalbunut/Kodi software.
I see this in the release notes:

"If you happen to have a a 720p display or want to use EDID detection you need to ssh in rename "xorg.conf.edid" to "xorg.conf". If your HDTV supports 1080p but does not support 23.976/24hz, then you can also just edit the original xorg.conf and comment out the offending modelines."

I wonder if this would be worth trying on my system? Thanks in advance for any advice.
yes try out the edid detection. It's set up for a 24p capable HDTV, not a monitor which may not support certain vertical frequencies. (or it may support it, but is glitchy)

Just ssh in:
cd /etc/X11
sudo cp xorg.conf.hdmi.edid xorg.conf
sudo restart kodi
note that your monitor may not support the "limited" range xorg.conf is configured to. If so, you should edit the new xorg.conf  and change the parameter to "full". (just to a search for the word "limited" and you'll figure it out).

Edit: wrong filename
Soli:
Thanks very much! Doing the simple copy seems to have fixed my video problems. BTW, the full file name for the EDID config is "xorg.conf.hdmi.edid", in case someone else has this problem and wants to use your instructions.

I do have another question for you. Can I set my ATV on a static IP address? I looked at "System, Settings, System Info" in Kinos but it doesn't allow a change at that point.

I appreciate your help and work.
I think you can do that from within the Kinos addon. You should find it under addons/programs.
I not having any success with the Kinos add-on. It brings up the current network settings, and when I unselect "use DHCP" it highlights the IP address as if to make it an editable field, but I can't figure out how to bring up a dialog or keyboard to make any change to the numbers. I'm using the native ATV remote. I tried all the buttons on it but nothing happens.
Setting the IP address is not a big thing anyway, just a "nice to have" item.
Thanks again.
Yeah you found a bug. Sorry about that🙂

Anyways it's using network manager:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/246077/h...ntu-server
Hello I have a question about getting a WiFi adapter to work with kinos thanks
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Kinos - Kodi Jarvis for Apple TV gen 15