• 10(current)
Shuttle XS35
froggit Wrote:Just thinking of updating to the latest BIOS - version 1.09 and wanted to check a couple of questions before I go ahead.

Did you use the BIOS here:
http://global.shuttle.com/download03.jsp...=1423&PL=1

The BIOS file seems to be called XS35_SHB.109.zip -- correct?

I will be installing for a USB memory stick, so I thought I'd install FREEDOS to the bootable stick, available from the UNetBootin menu. Did you use this method or some other way.

Thanks.

yup, I've used Freedos for the update.

Watched first 1080p movie today, and was getting some frame drops through the movie compared to my older iON system, but nothing serious. Hopefully it'll be fine as I'll play with it more soon.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:heldchen, thank you very much. It's interesting your system suspend/resume works just fine, but mine not. I've tracked down the problem and it's really JME module driver. I've managed to fix it though!

interesting. did you initially also compile the JME driver on the xs35 itself, or on a different system? all i really did was downloading the lastest sources to the usb key and then compiled it on the xs35... i do not have any SUSPEND_MODULES entries whatsoever.
heldchen Wrote:interesting. did you initially also compile the JME driver on the xs35 itself, or on a different system? all i really did was downloading the lastest sources to the usb key and then compiled it on the xs35... i do not have any SUSPEND_MODULES entries whatsoever.

I've tried Camelot, Dharma 2 live installs with combinations of 1.0.5 / 1.0.6.1 jmc drivers, everytime resume stopped working after I got an ethernet card running. I'm really glad it's working now with that fix.

Now I'm gonna focus on smooth playback with 0 framedrops, it was working with Camelot and original ION perfectly. Could be dharma, nvidia drivers, xbmcfreak version or many other things. It's not a deal breaker (320 dropped frames in 150min movie) but once you get used to smooth playback with no frame drops there is no way going back. Big Grin
ezechiel1917 Wrote:I've tried Camelot, Dharma 2 live installs with combinations of 1.0.5 / 1.0.6.1 jmc drivers, everytime resume stopped working after I got an ethernet card running. I'm really glad it's working now with that fix.

Now I'm gonna focus on smooth playback with 0 framedrops, it was working with Camelot and original ION perfectly. Could be dharma, nvidia drivers, xbmcfreak version or many other things. It's not a deal breaker (320 dropped frames in 150min movie) but once you get used to smooth playback with no frame drops there is no way going back. Big Grin

yeah, let us know if you fix it. You have vdpau turned on?
ofc VDPAU =) just for your info 250 of those dropped frames were from beginning of the movie, so it's not that bad as it might look. I'll let you know after I watch several more HD movies Smile
ezechiel1917 Wrote:ofc VDPAU =) just for your info 250 of those dropped frames were from beginning of the movie, so it's not that bad as it might look. I'll let you know after I watch several more HD movies Smile

well i wasn't much aware of vdpau so i thought i'd mention it.

could dropped frames be a result of bad encoding - i.e. some corruption in the stream?

also, where does one find info about dropped frames?
froggit Wrote:well i wasn't much aware of vdpau so i thought i'd mention it.

could dropped frames be a result of bad encoding - i.e. some corruption in the stream?

also, where does one find info about dropped frames?

press "o" to get some codec information and stuff.
The live installation i used without modification was

xbmcfreak-10.00-svn33324
heldchen Wrote:press "o" to get some codec information and stuff.

OK, thanks for that. Very useful.

I only saw one dropped frame so far watching a movie, and it was right at the beginning, so nothing to worry about, but I'll check from time to time if playback seems non-fluid/jerky.
SoxIn7 Wrote:The live installation i used without modification was

xbmcfreak-10.00-svn33324

I went back to doublecheck all of this, because I saw how many people are having trouble getting XBMC up and running.

When I tried to install Beta 2, no dice from a CD.

I tried installing xbmcfreak-10.00-svn33324 from a CD, and no luck.

Both seemed to have trouble finding my Network (NIC) card.

What's strange is that I ran a UNetBootin installation + xbmcfreak-10.00-svn33324, and I have networking from a USB key.

Can anyone explain that?

I had been holding off on installing to a HDD, but always assumed it would be trivial.

In short xbmcfreak-10.00-svn33324 + UNetBootin (on USB Key) = automatic setup of everything, and no modifications (except maybe setting Audio out to HDMI, but that's just within XBMC). Attempting to install from a CD chokes on network.

Also, attempting to install from my USB key fails because it keeps trying to install from a CD-ROM, rather than the USB key.
Hey everyone,

Just setting up my new Shuttle xs35gt at the minute and realise there is no wireless network card installed. I assumed there was when I placed my order (here : http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/...productTop) but I must of overlooked it. Is it possible to buy one and install it in my machine as it looks pretty cramped on space?

Thanks alot
Stiggs, there definitely IS a wireless network card in it.

Make sure your bios is version 1.09 or else download it from Shuttles website and flash it.
Afterwards you can enable the wireless card in the bios.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:heldchen: what version are you running? official live dharma2 beta?
can you please try few more times suspend and wake up? it sometimes works here too (about 30% after first suspend), but most of the time it wakes up with black screen Sad

Can you confirm that you were unable to get the suspend/resume to work on xbmc dharma beta 2?

I tried, using the instructions here but it doesn't seem to resume correctly, even after enabling the usb port that the IR receiver is plugged into.
stiggs Wrote:Hey everyone,

Just setting up my new Shuttle xs35gt at the minute and realise there is no wireless network card installed. I assumed there was when I placed my order (here : http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/...productTop) but I must of overlooked it. Is it possible to buy one and install it in my machine as it looks pretty cramped on space?

Thanks alot

Yep, as peterbo says, there definitely is WLAN in the box.
See this post for getting and installing the 1.09 BIOS:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=608...tcount=135

Then in the new BIOS there is a "wireless always on" option which you will probably want to set.
froggit Wrote:Can you confirm that you were unable to get the suspend/resume to work on xbmc dharma beta 2?

I tried, using the instructions here but it doesn't seem to resume correctly, even after enabling the usb port that the IR receiver is plugged into.

What's exactly not working? Do you have black screen after resume or you can't resume with usb remote?

My only problem was black screen when resuming but only If I'd network driver installed.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS354