• 100(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2019-02-16, 06:26)KrispyKreme Wrote: Just recently updated to Leia and discovered that the current CV version from the Kodi add-on repository does not work well with Leia at all. So I installed the latest Development Release 1.1.1a8 from the cinemavision site. While it seems i have everything setup correctly, I can't not get a sequence to go thru at all. It plays none of my bumpers or videos. It shows the trivia properly then afterwards goes to a blank screen and hangs up. I have no clue what the problem could be. I have my content files all scrapped, did a content update and it seems to recognize my content but it plays no video, only trivia. Been having a lot of problems with Leia lately (no pun) and this just adds to it.
 Same here.  Going to try and wipe it out completely and build a sequence from scratch.  If I can't get it to work, I guess I'll give up on it.  It makes me so sad that this isn't working anymore--I hope everything's ok in Ragnarok's world.  Is anybody working on an alternative?
I can also confirm that CV does not continue past the trivia screen regardless of what I do.  I'm running the Leia LibreElec nightlies. I hope this project gets updated because it really was a neat addon, even it's more of a wowing the guests type of thing, at least it was for me.
For me the option to play a movie in CV is grayed out Sad

This is a wonderful add on and I hope the author is still able to support it in Leia.
I don't do the trivia currently, and the addon was working for me on 18.0 Leia, but stopped on 18.1 RC1. Not sure what was changed, but I get the same thing: fades like it will start, then... nothing; just black. Re-installed 18.0 for now. Hope whatever change was made is addressed before 18.1 final comes out.
(2019-02-16, 07:12)MidnightWatcher Wrote: Try removing the trivia from the sequence entirely and see if everything else works.
 Tried that and still nothing works. Just a black screen. I am on Leia 18.0. I resorted to going back SPMC unfortunately on my shield till the problems are fixed. Does anybody know if this addon is still being supported or is somebody taking over it because I would hate to lose this.
I'm sticking with Krypton for now.  I'll wait until Leia gets the bugs out one way or another.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Has anyone heard from Ragnarok? First and foremost to make sure thing sin his world are ok. CV is amazing and if Krypton is the final version of Kodi I ever use I'm fine with that. If you are out there dude drop a note to let us know, even if CV development has to be put on permanent hiatus.
Shocked 
Quote:
Code:
I'm glad I helped someone. I am not sure this is supported anymore, the cinemavision site doesnt have a comment from the developer in over a year, same here.

I just checked his account on Cinemavision website's forum. He logged in on February 14th last time. Hope is not lost
Is there any way to have CinemaVision turn off the AV frame rate sync option until it's done and then turn it back on when the movie is about to start?  My projector takes far too long to change while Cinemavision is already playing commercials/ads/previews/whatever and it changes too often.  But if I turn the sync off, then the movie isn't perfectly smooth.  It seems like I have to choose between using CinemaVision and watching a smooth movie.
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2019-03-01, 01:14)VonMagnum Wrote: Is there any way to have CinemaVision turn off the AV frame rate sync option until it's done and then turn it back on when the movie is about to start?  My projector takes far too long to change while Cinemavision is already playing commercials/ads/previews/whatever and it changes too often.  But if I turn the sync off, then the movie isn't perfectly smooth.  It seems like I have to choose between using CinemaVision and watching a smooth movie.
Yes, see here.

https://cinemavision.tv/forums/topic/307...mment=1480
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
I downgraded to 18 from 18.1 so I could use CV. Only works with the developers build, but everything seems to be functioning as it should. I haven't used CV for ages, but I mostly use Kodi for music. I watched a movie the other day and knew I had to get CV up and running. Not sure what the Kodi team added/changed in .1 but 18 worked good for me, and I'd rather have CV back any ways.

trivia question though. Is there any way to make sequences that link certain trivia folders to certain movies? Like Star Wars slides play for Star Wars movies, Disney for Disney, etc. I Googled this but didn't find anything.  When making a sequence I can add a video option and point it to a folder, or a specific video file. But, the trivia doesn't have such options. So even if I put star wars trivia in it's own folder under the root CV, I'm not seeing a way to tell CV to pull trivia from that folder. I'm not even sure if you can tell CV to load a different sequence you made for certain movies. If this is possible and anyone understands me and knows how I can pull this off, I'm all ears.
"Sign" the "petition" below and let's ask the team at OSMC to include a working version of CinemaVision for KODI 18.1+! If anyone can do it, they can, and it would make the best KODI-based player on the market even better:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/bundle-cinem...o-4k/79354
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
So, does anyone have any suggestions on what may need editing to at least get the trailers to work on 18.1 or 18.2  Huh ? I mean, i haven't really run into any issues staying on 18.0, but i would like to update. I have no idea how to code, so i don't even know where to begin looking, but i'm willing to try.
Until a working version is made available, you can manually create a playlist to mimic a CinemaVision trailer and video bumper sequence. I've been downloading movie trailers from http://www.hd-trailers.net and place them in a folder. I queue the folder, then add a short THX Eclipse bumper from https://www.demo-world.eu followed by a personalised home theater intro to the queue, then the movie.

Notes:

1. If you have "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" enabled (On start / stop) then all videos in the queued playlist should be 23.976 fps so that there are no delays between videos of different frame rates (especially for projectors). All movie trailers are at 23.976 fps but I had to use Handbrake to re-encode the THX bumper and my HT intro bumper (they were both 24.0 fps instead of 23.976). It's also a good idea to enable the "Delay After Change Of Refresh Rate" in the System > Display settings to match the time you'll need for your display device to catch up with the beginning of the first movie trailer.

2. I use the Rapier skin, which can hide the on screen seek bar in between videos (System > Skin > Configure Skin > Media > Hide Seek Bar OSD During Fullscreen Playback).

3. To hide the Busy dialog during fullscreen video playback, manually replace line 12 in DialogBusy.xml with:
Quote:<visible>!Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo)</visible>

Note -- If the skin receives an update, this could get overwritten so I've disabled automatic updates for the skin and will manually update when needed, and then just update the DialogBusy.xml again.

4. I have Philips Hue lighting and relied on action files to control the lights. This now has to be done manually. You can create scenes in any hue app (I have one for Normal Lighting and one for Trailers, then of course one to turn off the lights as the movie begins). The official Philips Hue app doesn't allow me to adjust the transition time (I like a 5-second transition between each scene) so I had to find another app.

I miss the movie trivia and I'd like to have a one or two second gap in between the videos on the playlist, but until we have CinemaVision working again, it's the next best thing.
Gotta wonder what's happened to Ragnarok. Reports that his account on the CV site still go active yet not receiving any sort of update is concerning. As always hope everything if fine and his attention has just been diverted but I'm sure above anything else the folks here would just like to hear he's out there and doing ok.

It would also be good to know if any other Kodi devs used CV even if they weren't apart of it's creation but who might be able to assist in, at the very least, updating CV in it's last functioning form to the latest version of Kodi so we can continue to enjoy it's awesomeness. As the dev who was working on it was never revealed I am curious where they are in all of this as well.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5