• 107(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
No. And really guys I just posted this as a FYI, this is not a Amazon or app forum.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am not sure if this correct section but here it goes.

I am able to control my Nvidia shield with my Sony Smart Remote (Used Logitech IR receiver in Nvidia USB). I used the keymap editor in Kodi to map the way i want it. The only problem i am having is once i select Kodi app in Nvidia i am not able to go back to Nvidia apps similar to "O" key in the nvidia remote. Is there any keymap that i can access to go to other apps in nvidia without Exiting Kodi all together?
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2016-08-09, 21:47)hunkyn Wrote: I am not sure if this correct section but here it goes.

I am able to control my Nvidia shield with my Sony Smart Remote (Used Logitech IR receiver in Nvidia USB). I used the keymap editor in Kodi to map the way i want it. The only problem i am having is once i select Kodi app in Nvidia i am not able to go back to Nvidia apps similar to "O" key in the nvidia remote. Is there any keymap that i can access to go to other apps in nvidia without Exiting Kodi all together?
If you use SPMC pressing back twice minimises SPMC.
(2016-08-09, 22:01)tredman Wrote: If you use SPMC pressing back twice minimises SPMC.

Thanks have to explore SPMC then. I hate to install another version just for this Sad
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2016-08-09, 22:43)hunkyn Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 22:01)tredman Wrote: If you use SPMC pressing back twice minimises SPMC.

Thanks have to explore SPMC then. I hate to install another version just for this Sad
It's a better option for the shield atm anyway, some nice upscaling tweaks and options.
(2016-08-09, 22:01)tredman Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 21:47)hunkyn Wrote: I am not sure if this correct section but here it goes.

What apps are you trying to access, most of the android apps will be under programs - android apps . The one that's missing is quick access to the settings but that can be solved by adding the settings.apk , there's also a script/apk ie found to open the leanback launcher.

Ill post the forum links from XDA/Nvidia forum if you want them
(2016-08-10, 18:46)flipside101 Wrote:
(2016-08-09, 22:01)tredman Wrote:

What apps are you trying to access, most of the android apps will be under programs - android apps . The one that's missing is quick access to the settings but that can be solved by adding the settings.apk , there's also a script/apk ie found to open the leanback launcher.

Ill post the form links from XDA/Nvidia forum if you want them
I'd be interested in the links if you do not mind providing them. TIA.
(2016-08-10, 18:55)mjbxx Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 18:46)flipside101 Wrote:

Ill post the form links from XDA/Nvidia forum if you want them
I'd be interested in the links if you do not mind providing them. TIA.

settings - http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-t...w-t3359076
link to leanback - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost...stcount=19
Hi guys,
I've been hearing about the Nvidia Shield, and I'm considering replacing my dedicated HTPC with one. Reasons are mostly I'm looking for a device that's smaller, uses less power and provides a "better" user experience (my HTPC currently has annoying issues like 50% of the time not booting when powered on and Kodi's interface freezing when coming out of screensaver and occasionally when stopping playback).

One thing I'd be worried about losing is my upscalers though. I've currently got two custom upscale profiles, one for SD, one for 720p, which do different things to the picture to get non-full HD videos looking nice. However, this requires a custom build of Kodi as you need to use a custom player, and I'm assuming that there's no Android build of this custom build. So what upscale options do I get with the stock Kodi app? Can I polish up my SD videos and get them looking nice? I don't have a 4K TV, so can I use the leftover processing power to use a more processor-heavy upscaler?
(2016-08-11, 15:12)fireaza Wrote: Hi guys,
I've been hearing about the Nvidia Shield, and I'm considering replacing my dedicated HTPC with one. Reasons are mostly I'm looking for a device that's smaller, uses less power and provides a "better" user experience (my HTPC currently has annoying issues like 50% of the time not booting when powered on and Kodi's interface freezing when coming out of screensaver and occasionally when stopping playback).

One thing I'd be worried about losing is my upscalers though. I've currently got two custom upscale profiles, one for SD, one for 720p, which do different things to the picture to get non-full HD videos looking nice. However, this requires a custom build of Kodi as you need to use a custom player, and I'm assuming that there's no Android build of this custom build. So what upscale options do I get with the stock Kodi app? Can I polish up my SD videos and get them looking nice? I don't have a 4K TV, so can I use the leftover processing power to use a more processor-heavy upscaler?
SPMC performs fairly well at upscaling using lanczos3-optmised. It's slightly soft, but not bad at all.
Ah, SPMC is that Kodi fork project, isn't it? Does normal Kodi not offer a lanczos3 up-scaling option at all? How does the Shield perform with this being used as an upscaler? Surely it can handle it without stuttering, right?
(2016-06-21, 07:42)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-06-21, 01:39)HannL Wrote: Hi!

I am using a 2.40:1 screen and a anamorphic lens for my projector.

I've downloaded Kodi from Google Store with my Nvidia Shield.

How can I do vertical stretch for video files with Kodi/Nvidia Shield in order to
be able to use my lens properly?

Thank you for any info!

Try going to Settings -> Videos -> Accelleration -> and disable MediaCodec (surface)

Then go to Settings -> System -> Video output -> Calibration

Hi!

I've tried this, but one cannot stretch the picture sufficently vertically with Kodi or SPMC.
I wish there was a setting, where one can set this gradually - something similar to Xtreamer
Prodify, where this is implemented nicely.

The problem with my projector is that it does now allow 4K content to be streched, so in order
to use the external anamorphic lens I would need a player that would know how to do the
vertical strech... Hopefully this feature gets implemented!
Anyone fixed the stuttering on Live TV? Video is really jerky:/
Did try to setup "minvideocachelevel" and "minaudiocachelevel" in the advancedsettings.xml?

I had audio drops while playing mpeg2 live tv streams from my vdr backend. After configuring the caches everything was really flawless. But I don't have a shield, I use an odroid c2.

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2016-09-01, 21:12)efegue Wrote: Anyone fixed the stuttering on Live TV? Video is really jerky:/

You'll have to wait for an update that fixes the problem. From ManuelGuzman on the Shield forums about the ETA:

Quote:We are getting closer folks. As usual please make sure to fill out the feedback form with your SHIELD issue and include your device serial number if you are willing to test certain fixes. We may select some users to confirm certain fixes before the the update is released to the public.

or downgrade to 3.1:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...-possible/

I did it because the football season started and couldn't wait anymore and it worked flawlessly.
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6