• 11(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2020-07-12, 01:54)psicotron3 Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 19:32)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 18:47)psicotron3 Wrote: Yes. On setup I selected 4 channels. 3 movie genre channels and 1 tv genre channel.

Epg only show 3 movie channels and it looks like the tv genre science fiction channel is overlaping with the movie genre science fiction channel.

Let me know if you want me to test or give other logs.
THX, I'll review... FYI

I want to clear up the "overlapping". There is none, don't even believe the code would allow it.

The previous problem you experienced "Overlapping" was a case of one channel building, while the other didn't. You had an Action Movie and Action TV channel... Movies was building, TV wasn't... No overlapping, just a failure to build.

I didn't see that in your last log, all indications are all your channels built correctly.

Have you tried clearing guide data, via instructions found in my previous posts?
Yes. I tried clearing guide data with kodi interface. Also tried exiting kodi, deleting the epg database and pseudo tv m3u, xmltv and genres. Tried again just now and found the same behavior.

I´ll try to clarify, what I called overlap with what I can see on Kodi EPG: Instead of showing the 4 channels I selected on PSeudoTV setup it shows 3 channels. In the example above, I have a Science Fiction Movie and Science Fiction TV channel. The SCIFI TV channel doesn't show on EPG and the SCIFI Movie channels that appears on EPG is mixing movies and tv shows, all with wrong duration.

PS: On a side note I've been trying to reproduce the loop error @TVNow is having, but it doesn't appear to affect my setup, a single machine running Windows 10 and local stored content. When I try to play a show that's too close to the end, it plays the next one instead. Also, when the one I'm watching finishes it plays the next one just fine. Sometimes, before starting the next one it briefly shows the "static", other times it shows the guide EPG, but every time the next shows begin to play without problems.

Same goes for the "Channel advancement", works fine everytime on my end.

But I recognize I don't have enough content stored to make a consistent test on that issue. Will try to increase it and keep testing.
Sounds to me like a file may be malformed; Try using PTVL's utils to delete your M3U/XMLTV files, clear Kodis LiveTV Guidedata, and reboot Kodi; let PTVL rebuild your channels.... if you are still encountering missing channels... Please send me that log THX.

BTW duration meta is 100% provided by Kodi scrapers unless you enable "Accurate Duration" then its partially found by scraping the meta from the Media file itself... ie. bad data in, bad data out. Possibly look into a media metatool to generate proper info.

I'm glad everything else is working for you...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-07-12, 02:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 01:54)psicotron3 Wrote:
(2020-07-11, 19:32)Lunatixz Wrote: THX, I'll review... FYI

I want to clear up the "overlapping". There is none, don't even believe the code would allow it.

The previous problem you experienced "Overlapping" was a case of one channel building, while the other didn't. You had an Action Movie and Action TV channel... Movies was building, TV wasn't... No overlapping, just a failure to build.

I didn't see that in your last log, all indications are all your channels built correctly.

Have you tried clearing guide data, via instructions found in my previous posts?
Yes. I tried clearing guide data with kodi interface. Also tried exiting kodi, deleting the epg database and pseudo tv m3u, xmltv and genres. Tried again just now and found the same behavior.

I´ll try to clarify, what I called overlap with what I can see on Kodi EPG: Instead of showing the 4 channels I selected on PSeudoTV setup it shows 3 channels. In the example above, I have a Science Fiction Movie and Science Fiction TV channel. The SCIFI TV channel doesn't show on EPG and the SCIFI Movie channels that appears on EPG is mixing movies and tv shows, all with wrong duration.

PS: On a side note I've been trying to reproduce the loop error @TVNow is having, but it doesn't appear to affect my setup, a single machine running Windows 10 and local stored content. When I try to play a show that's too close to the end, it plays the next one instead. Also, when the one I'm watching finishes it plays the next one just fine. Sometimes, before starting the next one it briefly shows the "static", other times it shows the guide EPG, but every time the next shows begin to play without problems.

But I recognize I don't have enough content stored to make a consistent test on that issue. Will try to increase it and keep testing.
Sounds to me like a file may be malformed; Try using PTVL's utils to delete your M3U/XMLTV files, clear Kodis LiveTV Guidedata, and reboot Kodi; let PTVL rebuild your channels.... if you are still encountering missing channels... Please send me that log THX.

BTW duration meta is 100% provided by Kodi scrapers unless you enable "Accurate Duration" then its partially found by scraping the meta from the Media file itself... ie. bad data in, bad data out. Possibly look into a media metatool to generate proper info.

I always enable "Accurate Duration" because without it some videos from my collection don't appear on any channel.

I did it as you told and the same thing happened.

Looking ate the logs I think it's building all the 4 channels:
Code:

2020-07-11 21:07:50.671 T:7624    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-Builder: buildM3U, channel = {'name': 'Comedy Movies'...
(...)
2020-07-11 21:07:50.780 T:7624    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-Builder: buildM3U, channel = {'name': 'Science Fiction TV'...
(...)
2020-07-11 21:07:50.862 T:7624    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-Builder: buildM3U, channel = {'name': 'Action Movies'...
(...)
2020-07-11 21:07:50.966 T:7624    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-Builder: buildM3U, channel = {'name': 'Science Fiction Movies'...

But the generated m3u apparently have only 3 channels. It's missing 'Science Fiction TV'.

Attached
kodi logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/cosorepuda.kodi
m3u: https://paste.kodi.tv/ufoqiguhag.kodi

Hope it helps.

I must say that I'm using thetvdb as metadata scrapper for tvshows instead of using the "new" kodi default (themoviedb).

I'm sorry, I know I should have specified this but is a change that I make automatically at every time I add a TVShow source and really forgot.

Right now I rescrapped my tv shows using the default TV Shows scrapper (themoviedb) and all 4 channels generated just fine. I Noticed the TV Shows genres on themoviedb have different names. Specifically, themoviedb genre metadata for the same science fiction TV Shows is named "Sci-Fi & Fantasy" and not "Science Fiction" as thetvdb metadata. I can only think this change avoid a sort of confusion between the movie genre and tv genre with the same name.

So, to wrap things up. The bug only happens when using thetvdb as metadata scrapper for tv shows.
Sorry. Double post.
(2020-07-12, 04:10)psicotron3 Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 02:46)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-12, 01:54)psicotron3 Wrote: Yes. I tried clearing guide data with kodi interface. Also tried exiting kodi, deleting the epg database and pseudo tv m3u, xmltv and genres. Tried again just now and found the same behavior.

I always enable "Accurate Duration" because without it some videos from my collection don't appear on any channel.

I did it as you told and the same thing happened.

Looking ate the logs I think it's building all the 4 channels:
Code:

2020-07-11 21:07:50.671 T:7624    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-Builder: buildM3U, channel = {'name': 'Comedy Movies'...
(...)
2020-07-11 21:07:50.780 T:7624    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-Builder: buildM3U, channel = {'name': 'Science Fiction TV'...
(...)
2020-07-11 21:07:50.862 T:7624    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-Builder: buildM3U, channel = {'name': 'Action Movies'...
(...)
2020-07-11 21:07:50.966 T:7624    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1d-Builder: buildM3U, channel = {'name': 'Science Fiction Movies'...

But the generated m3u apparently have only 3 channels. It's missing 'Science Fiction TV'.

Attached
kodi logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/cosorepuda.kodi
m3u: https://paste.kodi.tv/ufoqiguhag.kodi

Hope it helps.

I must say that I'm using thetvdb as metadata scrapper for tvshows instead of using the "new" kodi default (themoviedb).

I'm sorry, I know I should have specified this but is a change that I make automatically at every time I add a TVShow source and really forgot.

Right now I rescrapped my tv shows using the default TV Shows scrapper (themoviedb) and all 4 channels generated just fine. I Noticed the TV Shows genres on themoviedb have different names. Specifically, themoviedb genre metadata for the same science fiction TV Shows is named "Sci-Fi & Fantasy" and not "Science Fiction" as thetvdb metadata. I can only think this change avoid a sort of confusion between the movie genre and tv genre with the same name.

So, to wrap things up. The bug only happens when using thetvdb as metadata scrapper for tv shows.
... Glad it's working, as for genre names. PTVL gets them directly from your scraped library. Technically it wouldn't how they are named... PTVL would only offer the options that match the collection.
Thanks for the followup, enjoy!
I just installed a fresh version of Kodi and did a few things differently and have noticed slightly better results.

My setup:
- PseudoTV Live - Settings - Tweaks - Playback Method - PVR Callback (Playback Seek Tolerance set to 30 seconds)

- Instead of scanning in my TV shows and movies via “The Movie Database” I have chose “Local Information Only”
- I made sure all the TV Shows and movies I selected under PseudoTV Live - Settings - Pre-defined Channels, were found in the guide

Problems I am still having:
- When a TV show / movie ends it starts exactly one minute into the next program. Happens often but not all the time. I will try to capture another error log for you.

- Sometimes after a show / movie ends it will loop the loading graphic... returned to guide... and back to the loading graphic.
Newest Error Log - https://paste.kodi.tv/ucesapifez

- Sometimes when selecting a show From the guide that is about to end it will loop the loading graphic... returned to guide... and back to the loading graphic.
Newest Error Log - https://paste.kodi.tv/upohulavoh

I have tested multiple PVR backends and it works great! I am using HDHomeRun with PseudoTV Live, very cool. I am sorry to be repetitive with these problems. It seems the loop bug is only associated with Nvidia Shield? (I have tested this on three Shields, all with the same reported issues.) Thanks again for all your hard work.

PseudoTV Live 0.1.1d
Nvidia Shield 8.0.2 (32.5.205.105)
Kodi Matrix 20200710-eed1349b-master-arm64-v8a (7/11/2020)
Has there been any movement on the problem that I and someone else had using the Playlist method and PTVL only playing one video, then going back to the guide?

Thank you,
Mark
(2020-07-13, 12:28)mwkurt Wrote: Has there been any movement on the problem that I and someone else had using the Playlist method and PTVL only playing one video, then going back to the guide?

Thank you,
Mark

Not a bug within PTVL; tested heavily... It could be another plugin/skin interfering with PTVL operations.

::Update::
I noticed that upnext/nextup is part of Kodis default matrix skin; I'll add an opt-out for the plugin... that may be your issue.
Going to push an update tonight or tomorrow; Hoping the last, for this round of beta.

After the update (subversion "e"). Please let me know if there are any lingering issues.... THX

Looking forward to starting the next round with custom channels ie. Nodes, Smartplaylists, UPNP and Plugins.
(2020-07-13, 21:17)Lunatixz Wrote: Going to push an update tonight or tomorrow; Hoping the last, for this round of beta.

After the update (subversion "e"). Please let me know if there are any lingering issues.... THX

Looking forward to starting the next round with custom channels ie. Nodes, Smartplaylists, UPNP and Plugins.

Sounds great; can’t wait for the next round!
(2020-07-13, 22:07)TVNow Wrote:
(2020-07-13, 21:17)Lunatixz Wrote: Going to push an update tonight or tomorrow; Hoping the last, for this round of beta.

Sounds great; can’t wait for the next round!
Your last two logs had no debugging info in it... please make sure to enable debugging in Kodi.

BTW if you notice channels all starting late, increase seek tolerance that's what it's for. =)

Remember to frequently check this thread for updated information, THX: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=355549
Turned on PTVL when I got home today and only 5 of the 10 channels I created days ago were filled in, in the EPG. Nothing else has changed in my channels for 3 days. Still set on Playlist mode.

Mark

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l24d2lkch5nkokn/kodi.log?dl=0
Good stuff.
My current channel list has been the same since Saturday and I haven't experienced any playback issues.
One thing I have noticed is when I quit Kodi and restart it, the channel order and numbers change each time. Is that by design, or it something that I shouldn't be seeing?

Another quick question with regard to the channels logos, as I thought I had quite a good take on how Kodi's PVR system handles channel logos. On the TV Channel view screen, I can see the channel logos, but on the guide screen view there is no logo (I presume that's because the PTVL's items will have thumbnail image available, where as my regular backend client does not provide a thumbnail image, so I always see the channel logo on the guide screen). On the OSD, the thumbnail image and EPGEventIcon both seem to be shown, but again no channel logo. I presume this is for the same reason as the guide screen view. I just wanted to make sure you were seeing what I am, ie no Channel Logo on either the guide screen or OSD. Images below perhaps describe better what I'm meaning:-
ImageImageImage

I tried using ListItem.ActualIcon on the guide screen, as that's what's used on the TV Channel view, but it made no difference. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a player control for the ActualIcon to try with the OSD. Anyway, just checking this is what you are seeing as well. I can then maybe ask for a feature request for the Actual TV Channel Icon to be added for both list and player controls and see where that leads.
Cheers
(2020-07-13, 23:05)mwkurt Wrote: Turned on PTVL when I got home today and only 5 of the 10 channels I created days ago were filled in, in the EPG. Nothing else has changed in my channels for 3 days. Still set on Playlist mode.

Mark

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l24d2lkch5nkokn/kodi.log?dl=0
Your log has some installation issues... Double-check you don't have two copies installed; did you manual unzip?
Try uninstalling PTVL, reboot, and reinstall.
Hijacking the post and pictures posted by @Dumyat . What's the supposed behavior when I choose "prefer color logos" option? Is it supposed to use the kodi resources color logos if available? On what screen? Does it reflect on the channel bug overlay?

(2020-07-13, 23:48)Dumyat Wrote: One thing I have noticed is when I quit Kodi and restart it, the channel order and numbers change each time. Is that by design, or it something that I shouldn't be seeing?

I'm also seeing this, not always, but most of the time.I´m using the PVR Callback option. I just assumed the behavior is "by design" at the moment and it's something to be changed later. Nothing different shows up at the logs.
(2020-07-13, 23:48)Dumyat Wrote:
Good stuff.
My current channel list has been the same since Saturday and I haven't experienced any playback issues.
One thing I have noticed is when I quit Kodi and restart it, the channel order and numbers change each time. Is that by design, or it something that I shouldn't be seeing?

Another quick question with regard to the channels logos, as I thought I had quite a good take on how Kodi's PVR system handles channel logos. On the TV Channel view screen, I can see the channel logos, but on the guide screen view there is no logo (I presume that's because the PTVL's items will have thumbnail image available, where as my regular backend client does not provide a thumbnail image, so I always see the channel logo on the guide screen). On the OSD, the thumbnail image and EPGEventIcon both seem to be shown, but again no channel logo. I presume this is for the same reason as the guide screen view. I just wanted to make sure you were seeing what I am, ie no Channel Logo on either the guide screen or OSD. Images below perhaps describe better what I'm meaning:-

I tried using ListItem.ActualIcon on the guide screen, as that's what's used on the TV Channel view, but it made no difference. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a player control for the ActualIcon to try with the OSD. Anyway, just checking this is what you are seeing as well. I can then maybe ask for a feature request for the Actual TV Channel Icon to be added for both list and player controls and see where that leads.
Cheers

It's a skinning issue; you'll have to contact a skinner... I don't keep up to date on the topic.
All the info should be there, just a matter of finding the correct label to use.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4