• 111(current)
Mod AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)
@mystic84, for your last one, press up arrow until you get the left hand menu, then select viewtype settings which should be at the bottom. Next you need to select BD/DVD cases and that will open another window. If you want the same cases as your image then select clear cases, next on the right activate show cdart and showcase mod, now other options should appear, you now want to activate All of them i.e. No case for movieset, Open set as Boxcase and Opencase. Your view should now be as you want.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
THX Mike Smile
i add some images in my 3rd > 101 postings
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-03-05, 16:44)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 15:23)wilmans2m Wrote: Ok. Thanks schimik2k. Good to hear that. Makes me nuts lol Smile)

I install aeon nox 5 silvo mod. And i think there is a conflict between those 2 because on shednox, some windows become transparent....

There is no conflict with having both skins installed the addon ID, files, and textures are all separate and will not interfere with any other skin.

Ok Thanks MikeSilvo
Zotac CI320 Nano : (4Go, SSD 64Go, W7_64)
Zotac CI323 Nano : (4Go, SSD 120Go, W10)

Acer Aspire 5740G (Intel I3 330M, 4Go, WD 500Go, W7_64)
Desktop (Intel Q6600@3Ghz, 6Go, Seagate 500Go & Seagate 320 Go W7_64)

NAS Synology DS213+ : 2*3To WD Red (SHR)
NAS Synology DS215J : 2*4To WD Red (SHR)

All under KODI Jarvis 16, Aeon Nox Silvo Mod & Mr.V Widget Mod.

(2015-03-05, 16:44)mikesilvo164 Wrote: There is no conflict with having both skins installed the addon ID, files, and textures are all separate and will not interfere with any other skin.

normaly u are absolutely right buddy Smile ... BUT
i can tell u, that some strange things happen, when you have 2 different nox skins tested and configured ( at least for me and some other guys ive talked to )
i had some navigation problems or wrong/missing gfx - when i use a clean guisetting.xml everything works fine - thats why i use always a seperate guisetting.xml when i test some other nox skins... sounds strange - but it is what it is
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2015-03-05, 17:11)mystic84 Wrote: Hi Imlooking to recrate this views http://picload.org/image/cllwgai/untitled-1.jpg for music
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af29/...39d600.jpg
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416...abbcb1.jpg
http://www.zorensen.no/shednox02.jpg I would like the effect of open case can you help get the settings to get this views on system please thank you
hmmm
1. that should be shown directly when u play something and hit "tab" key on keyboard ( or similar button on your remote )
if u dont have any logo, u dont have set the path in skin settings or dont have any logos in your music folder ( check my 101 for some more infos maybe )

2. that specific mode doesnt work anymore - thats an old image from an old version
if u want some infos in pause screen press enter while playing a move and go to the GEARS Icon on the right top corner
there u can configure a lot, how the pause/info screen can look like

3. dont know what that 3rd image look like... seems a bit odd to be honest Wink

4. mike told you already, and u can check the 3rd part of my 101 with some images how to setup the showcase mod Wink

(2015-03-05, 20:54)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 16:44)mikesilvo164 Wrote: There is no conflict with having both skins installed the addon ID, files, and textures are all separate and will not interfere with any other skin.

normaly u are absolutely right buddy Smile ... BUT
i can tell u, that some strange things happen, when you have 2 different nox skins tested and configured ( at least for me and some other guys ive talked to )
i had some navigation problems or wrong/missing gfx - when i use a clean guisetting.xml everything works fine - thats why i use always a seperate guisetting.xml when i test some other nox skins... sounds strange - but it is what it is

Two diffrent Nox 4 variants could cause issues only if they have the same addon ID cause in the guisettings the settings that are saved are labeled by the skin id and will not interfere with another skin, just does not work that way. Also your suggestion to delete textures13 has nothing to do with skin textures that is only library media that is cached and would not solve a missing background texture in the skin. If you switch skins often there can be an issue with the loading of ShedNox because of the underlying architecture and how many things load at startup. If you want to avoid any issues when switching skins restart Kodi after switching the skin to avoid any and all problems associated with start up. Nox 5 will not create any issues no matter what skins you have installed.
Where would I change the size of the time remaining and playing in the MusicVisualisation.xml file to reduce the size of it?
It over laps things...

(2015-03-05, 21:10)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Two diffrent Nox 4 variants could cause issues only if they have the same addon ID cause in the guisettings the settings that are saved are labeled by the skin id and will not interfere with another skin, just does not work that way. Also your suggestion to delete textures13 has nothing to do with skin textures that is only library media that is cached and would not solve a missing background texture in the skin. If you switch skins often there can be an issue with the loading of ShedNox because of the underlying architecture and how many things load at startup. If you want to avoid any issues when switching skins restart Kodi after switching the skin to avoid any and all problems associated with start up. Nox 5 will not create any issues no matter what skins you have installed.
i told you already that u are normaly right, but i know what i see, and what strange things happened here when i have more then one nox installed and configured
and i fixed it with a fresh guisettings.xml - but it could be a problem with just nox4 and phils nox - i just test nox 5+nox4+phils nox once and there i get this problems - after that i just test nox 4 + phils nox together after that from time to time, and i get there some problems ( even with different ids etc )
u can believe me or not... but i am not the only one who noticed some problems after mixing noxes Nod

(2015-03-05, 21:18)freebs Wrote: Where would I change the size of the time remaining and playing in the MusicVisualisation.xml file to reduce the size of it?
It over laps things...
it seems u are using not default font - that cause this size - when u are using default size, it looks good - maybe manfeed can change that

(2015-03-05, 22:34)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-03-05, 21:18)freebs Wrote: Where would I change the size of the time remaining and playing in the MusicVisualisation.xml file to reduce the size of it?
It over laps things...
it seems u are using not default font - that cause this size - when u are using default size, it looks good - maybe manfeed can change that

Yes you are right I changed the default font - I don't like ALL CAPS .. Smile

I'll ask him.. thanks !

(2015-03-05, 22:25)schimi2k Wrote: i told you already that u are normaly right, but i know what i see, and what strange things happened here when i have more then one nox installed and configured
and i fixed it with a fresh guisettings.xml - but it could be a problem with just nox4 and phils nox - i just test nox 5+nox4+phils nox once and there i get this problems - after that i just test nox 4 + phils nox together after that from time to time, and i get there some problems ( even with different ids etc )
u can believe me or not... but i am not the only one who noticed some problems after mixing noxes Nod

Sad Fundamentally I believe telling others to delete guisettings.xml, textures13.db, and the thumbnail folder are almost the equivalent to reinstalling Kodi (might as well say that instead) If you think that is the way things should work then no amount of information I can offer will change your mind. If you call anywhere for tech support the first thing they always say is restart, that should be first in your 101. guisettings.xml is just a list of your selected settings saved in text form (Skin.HasSetting(BlahBlahBlah) is true or active or whatever the setting is) and all reference the skin whose ID is in front of those settings... If you think that affects things it can not, I do not know what to tell you. If you also think deleting the cached fanart and posters from the textures13.db file will help solve skin related graphical anomalies, I again do not know what to tell you. I recommend to all that the previous steps mentioned should be considered a nuclear option and using tools like the texturecache maintenance utility be used to correct library artwork issues instead of touching textures13.db or the thumbnails folder. If you want to try to delete the guisettings.xml to solve a skin issue just try rebooting your system and/or Kodi first since the only way that should matter is if the skin maintainer changes the meaning of the stored setting like maybe reversing the isempty logic or a new install of Kodi where some old setting could cause an issue and even that may not require a clean guisettings.
It over laps things...

It's the label between lines 662-673
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Thanks Bud!

(2015-03-05, 23:07)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Sad Fundamentally I believe telling others to delete guisettings.xml, textures13.db, and the thumbnail folder are almost the equivalent to reinstalling Kodi (might as well say that instead) If you think that is the way things should work then no amount of information I can offer will change your mind. If you call anywhere for tech support the first thing they always say is restart, that should be first in your 101. guisettings.xml is just a list of your selected settings saved in text form (Skin.HasSetting(BlahBlahBlah) is true or active or whatever the setting is) and all reference the skin whose ID is in front of those settings... If you think that affects things it can not, I do not know what to tell you. If you also think deleting the cached fanart and posters from the textures13.db file will help solve skin related graphical anomalies, I again do not know what to tell you. I recommend to all that the previous steps mentioned should be considered a nuclear option and using tools like the texturecache maintenance utility be used to correct library artwork issues instead of touching textures13.db or the thumbnails folder. If you want to try to delete the guisettings.xml to solve a skin issue just try rebooting your system and/or Kodi first since the only way that should matter is if the skin maintainer changes the meaning of the stored setting like maybe reversing the isempty logic or a new install of Kodi where some old setting could cause an issue and even that may not require a clean guisettings.

i have added your restart tip to my "tips" - thx 4 that

i dont tell that everybody should delete everything at once - deleting the textures13.db will take ... lets say 2 seconds - when i start my kodi it cached the right images realy fast again - lets say another 5-10 seconds time i loose because of that... how long does a complete reinstall of kodi take ?
and i mentioned, that deleting the thumbnail folder "should be the last try" before u need to reinstall the whole kodi setup from stock ( again its faster )
and i tell nobody what they MUST do, when u read my text, i say what I do - and i was testing realy a lot lately ( and before that too ) - is it right what i do, or the best solution ? i dont know, but my system is running fine - but i need to test a lot of new code, new gfx etc, so i messed up my test system quite often - and believe me - i restart my system a lot and that solved almost never the problems i get Wink
and if its never a guisettings problem - well, i have one clean GS with a basic kodi setup and one final guisetting with kodi and shednox configuration done ( i use a lot of playlist, custom backrounds, icons, infolines etc ) - again - when i test a new version of nox with the old GS and get problems, i just need to replace this one with my final configured one and everything is working fine again ... its working here - and its fast ( at least much faster then play around with other maintance tools or reinstall kodi etc )

u can tell me all logical things u have, and u can send me all links to technical infos or proofs u can found - i know what works with my systems and thats enough for me
if u say, my infos are BADLY wrong and my infos will destroy everything and that dont need to - no problem Smile i can delete the posts within seconds, and i would love to see you helping out with all the problems here
and thats it for me Smile

Ok... I am just providing some information and if things like "proof", "logic", or links to the wiki that tell you how Kodi works do not help in anyway... I will just butt out. Honestly, threatening to delete your posts and saying you would love to see me help out with problems feel like a cheap shot. I think responses like that keep others from wanting to offer help... Sad I am sorry for trying too.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)29