• 118(current)
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
(2013-09-21, 07:44)fritsch Wrote: 3.0.6 has no deinterlacing support. So if you want to watch LiveTV, that does not look that nice.
3.2.1 will be released the next days. That one solves some nasty last minute bugs, we put in.

Btw. 3.0.6 ships with a patch that disables RC6 powersaving on Celeron Nucs, cause they just froze at that time with this feature enabled. So, you upgrade to 3.2.1, make sure RC6 is enabled again.

Can you have RC6 enabled again, with the newest updates for XBMCBuntu too?
No. You need kernel 3.10 or higher and a recent mesa.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-09-21, 08:19)fritsch Wrote: No. You need kernel 3.10 or higher and a recent mesa.

I'm running 3.11 saucy http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/
Whatever you have running there, does not seem to be a Xbmcbuntu default kernel. So check your Mesa and try to enable it - you will see if it is working quite shortly ;-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-09-21, 08:43)fritsch Wrote: Whatever you have running there, does not seem to be a Xbmcbuntu default kernel. So check your Mesa and try to enable it - you will see if it is working quite shortly ;-)

I have changed GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash i915.i915_enable_rc6=0"
to GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"

And it's booting up in XBMC, no black screen with just the mouse cursor... so I guess it's working?

And what is the advantage of RC6 enabled? Smile
Quote:i915.i915_enable_rc6=0

This disables rc6. RC6 saves you approx 5W or even more of Power, less noisy fan and so on - you can imagine ... To enabled it, just remove that entry. If it freezes again, you have to update something.
(2013-09-21, 09:23)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:i915.i915_enable_rc6=0

This disables rc6. RC6 saves you approx 5W or even more of Power, less noisy fan and so on - you can imagine ... To enabled it, just remove that entry. If it freezes again, you have to update something.

Yes, and I wrote that I have REMOVED that now Big Grin

Nice... so less power, and less noise (couldn't hear any noise before though) Smile
Play some videos, especially interlaced ones, they put a whole lot pressure on the GPU.
(2013-09-20, 20:48)Noexicaise Wrote: @jammyb: Great ! Good job ! But to complex for me...

Actually i use this one ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rii-2-4GHz-Wirel...ywords=Rii ) but i have a lot of issues. ( but no problem with Pivos, so,i think it's an openelec problem)

So i search for an alternative, if someone can help me...;-)

Have got that remote & works fine on Openelec on Raspberry Pi & HTPC.
@calisto

Which Openelec version ?
Hey guys,

I'm trying to see if the problem I'm having is "unique" to me, .. ie, I screwed up sumthin Wink ,
or, something wrong with openelec, ...
or, nothing wrong with openelec, it's just the way it is...

so if you have a Nuc, and are running openelec ...
would it be possible for you to verify the delay when the main menu appears?

here's a video of what I'm talking about:

I tried going back to revision 3.1.6 from 3.2 , but I still had the same delay.

thanks for any help
Legion

PS. this delay happens on Confluence as well,.. network or no network,... playlists or no playlists.
Try it on 3.0.6.

You on wifi or wired?

You got on network shares or only USB media?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

USB Media only,... and it does the same thing,... regardless of connected wired, wireless, or no network at all. Sad

thanks
Legion

EDIT: Just tried 3.0.6 same-o same-o
Try putting a delay to xbmc boot so it can connect to your network. It's in settings or OE settings.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

I saw a "Wait on Lan" in OE settings,, ... and have that "on", but this makes no difference,... the wait is there "with" or without" a network..
I didn't see any other place to delay a boot up.

Did you sell your Nuc already?.
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)24