• 119(current)
Mod AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)
hello everyone

congrats on an AMAZING MOD!! probably the one of the best out there at the moment.

im experiencing the following problem, dunno if its a textures problem ( i am using a raspberry pi2 with osmc alpha 4), whenever i open some menus they lose the textures and go black, this happens randomly on various menus

http://1drv.ms/1wGOY67
http://1drv.ms/1FkKOme

did a fresh installation to see if the problem is still there and it is.
i apologize for the crappy images they were taken from my cell phone.
Ok i think i have sorted it out, downloaded the package from github and it looks ok now
Cheers
Hi,

I install Shednox on my new RPI 2. Is it normal to be a little slow when I browse the media library and the menu ?

Thx !
(2015-03-14, 14:36)Alyy Wrote: Hi,

I install Shednox on my new RPI 2. Is it normal to be a little slow when I browse the media library and the menu ?

Thx !

yepp Smile
shednox is not realy the perfect skin for "weaker" players Wink - i think the RPI2 needs a bit more ram...
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
spec to RPI 4core 900Mhz et 1RAM. It's realy lower ?
Hi,
I just installed openelec on a 8gb usb and in file manager i cant find the addons folder to add the addons and shednox skin.
I follow this forum evry day and im pretty sure it was mentioned, but went through all pages and must of missed it.
If someone can please let me know the page or if its easy to explain i apreciate it.
Thanks in advance and keep up this excelent job
Cheers !!!
(2015-03-14, 17:31)FonziQ Wrote: Hi,
I just installed openelec on a 8gb usb and in file manager i cant find the addons folder to add the addons and shednox skin.
I follow this forum evry day and im pretty sure it was mentioned, but went through all pages and must of missed it.
If someone can please let me know the page or if its easy to explain i apreciate it.
Thanks in advance and keep up this excelent job
Cheers !!!

Have you already checked the 101 from schimi2k?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1946139
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
I have this installed in windows 7 since december and everything works perfectly never had a problem. As i said i installed openelec on a 8gb usb wich i cant acces from windows because it doesnt recognise it. So i thought i would have to add the skin and addons within openelec (file manager) the 101 mentions windows not openelec. Sorry but im new in this, windows 7 no problem but with openelec i need a little guide (just to install the skin and necesary addons, wich i have)
My grammer sucks but hopefully its understandable
p.s the link provided says The specified thread does not exist.
Thx
(2015-03-14, 18:37)FonziQ Wrote: I have this installed in windows 7 since december and everything works perfectly never had a problem. As i said i installed openelec on a 8gb usb wich i cant acces from windows because it doesnt recognise it. So i thought i would have to add the skin and addons within openelec (file manager) the 101 mentions windows not openelec. Sorry but im new in this, windows 7 no problem but with openelec i need a little guide (just to install the skin and necesary addons, wich i have)
My grammer sucks but hopefully its understandable
p.s the link provided says The specified thread does not exist.
Thx

he mean this link: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1946139 ( or the link in my signature ^^ )
maybe one day shedrock will find a minute and he put that link in his start post Cool

well - your problem is - the kodi folder is a " hidden " folder ( .kodi ) - open elec is linux based
with filemanager u can try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q2PwoJydLA ( replace xbmc with kodi )

else just google how to make the hidden folder visible in your network ( or send zorensen a pm - i think he can help you with that too )

cheers Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

There is a lighter version of Shednox ?
(2015-03-14, 19:13)Alyy Wrote: There is a lighter version of Shednox ?

sorry no Sad
the aeon nox skins where always skins for more powerful players ... because all of the shown fanarts and eycandy stuff
when u check all the newer skins released u can see alot of "slim" skins, made for android,rasp, or other lighter players
i think with at least 2gb ram and a realy quick "hdd or SD" inside rpi2 and shednox would be much smoother
( i have a A6 cpu, 8bg ram and a ssd and it works realy smooth - my other player in bedroom is a A350 MOBO ( i think its a small dc core and 4gb ram, and there is shednox MUCH slower - but i disable there a lot of eyecandy stuff and use mostly list views )

maybe they will release soon a raspery with quad core and 4gb ram ... PLUS a realy fast micro sd in it and we should have a cool player Smile

but u can try nox5 ... BigNoid use a fresher code ( isnt much smoother on my bedroom player, but i am running windows 8 there - maybe with OE its faster )

(2015-03-10, 00:42)Mekare Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 22:01)manfeed Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 20:10)Mekare Wrote: Hello,

I've finally decided to update to Helix, and spent the last day making a few tweaks to this skin (and it's working great - Shednox, thank you for updating it for Helix!). I've only got one little thing left that's bugging me. Is there a way to change the date on the home/main page so that it's Month Day Year, instead of Day Month Year? I can't seem to figure out where that piece of code is.

Thank you Smile

In windows 7, if I wanted to change that, I would have to edit...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\language\Spanish\langinfo.xml

...adapt it according your O.S. and language...

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to have been the right file. It looks like the file that corresponds to the language setting under Appearance/Settings (although I did try editing it just in case). My dates throughout the rest of the program are Month Day Year:

What I'm trying to change is the date on the home page (the settings for it are called "timepanel"). It doesn't follow the language setting for some reason.

I'll keep looking through the xml files and see if I can figure it out. Thanks anyway!

If anyone is curious how to do this, you need to edit Includes_WidgetLayout. The date/time was listed three times, and I wasn't sure which one was applicable to mine, so I edited all three Smile
I changed the lines that said this:
<label>[COLOR grey]$INFO[System.Date(DDD)] • $INFO[System.Date(D)] $INFO[System.Date(mmm)] $INFO[System.Date(yyyy)] •[/COLOR] $INFO[System.Time]</label>

to this, based on the wiki page regarding System.Date
<label>[COLOR grey]$INFO[System.Date(DDD)] • $INFO[System.Date(MMM)] $INFO[System.Date(d)] $INFO[System.Date(yyyy)] •[/COLOR] $INFO[System.Time]</label>

All good now thanks manfeed and schimi2k
(2015-03-14, 19:20)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-03-14, 19:13)Alyy Wrote: There is a lighter version of Shednox ?

sorry no Sad
the aeon nox skins where always skins for more powerful players ... because all of the shown fanarts and eycandy stuff
when u check all the newer skins released u can see alot of "slim" skins, made for android,rasp, or other lighter players
i think with at least 2gb ram and a realy quick "hdd or SD" inside rpi2 and shednox would be much smoother
( i have a A6 cpu, 8bg ram and a ssd and it works realy smooth - my other player in bedroom is a A350 MOBO ( i think its a small dc core and 4gb ram, and there is shednox MUCH slower - but i disable there a lot of eyecandy stuff and use mostly list views )

maybe they will release soon a raspery with quad core and 4gb ram ... PLUS a realy fast micro sd in it and we should have a cool player Smile

but u can try nox5 ... BigNoid use a fresher code ( isnt much smoother on my bedroom player, but i am running windows 8 there - maybe with OE its faster )

Yes, I also Aeon Nox 5 it's work fine because lighter, but the views are less worked.

Is it that I can take some files for views and injected into Nox 5? to have the same options ? Smile Smile
(2015-03-14, 19:41)Alyy Wrote: Yes, I also Aeon Nox 5 it's work fine because lighter, but the views are less worked.

Is it that I can take some files for views and injected into Nox 5? to have the same options ? Smile Smile

i dont think that is so easy ... when u read this thread, u will see a lot of problems, when u start "mixing" stuff from other nox skins ( maybe it work inside nox5 ... i cant tell you that )
i just know - as soon as u put some other code inside to shednox, u can get serious problems Sad

did u test some of the cool mods of nox5 from mikebzh44 or mikesilvo164 ... that would make nox5 a bit "nicer" maybe

• 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AEON SHEDNOX HELIX [v.3.0 - UPDATED: FEB. 25th, 2015] (Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9 based)29