• 122(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
Hi guys ,

just update my shield 2015 with latest update , SPMC seems to work perfectly , but since the update , I ve stuttering on this file : (with SPMC 16.5.5 or kodi 17 RC4)
http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=22
Can u test this video and see if you have stuttering during playback ?

Thanks for all
(2017-01-27, 17:59)marcaurellexxx Wrote: Hi guys ,

just update my shield 2015 with latest update , SPMC seems to work perfectly , but since the update , I ve stuttering on this file : (with SPMC 16.5.5 or kodi 17 RC4)

Thanks for all

I'll definitely check for you when I get back home.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
ok thank u very much Wink
What usb hard drives are you using with the Shield and how do you have them formatted? I've tested several thumb drives and USB 3.0 drives like the WD MyBook and can't get Kodi to access any of them.

I've tried formatted as ExFat, NTFS, and Fat32. For some, I've been able to get them mounted and visible in ES File Explorer. For most, though, I can't even get them to mount. And when they are mounted, Kodi report that it can't access the server when I try to open the usb entry in Video/Files.

Just got the new 16gb Shield.
(2017-01-28, 00:12)braz Wrote: What usb hard drives are you using with the Shield and how do you have them formatted? I've tested several thumb drives and USB 3.0 drives like the WD MyBook and can't get Kodi to access any of them.

I've tried formatted as ExFat, NTFS, and Fat32. For some, I've been able to get them mounted and visible in ES File Explorer. For most, though, I can't even get them to mount. And when they are mounted, Kodi report that it can't access the server when I try to open the usb entry in Video/Files.

First, don't use ES File Explore, it's know to cause issues (besides being bloatware) if you need a file explorer try X-Plore.

Second, how are you trying to access them? If you're going through "Browse" and trying to access them as "External storage" or "Root file system" you want see them. However, they should show up under Videos > Files.

Then just pull up the context menu and "Set content". I'd also suggest reading the 1st and 2nd post about external storage here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304226
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-01-27, 12:58)onesolo Wrote: uff, I'm not the only one with the problem...
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...6/#5068686

(2017-01-27, 12:46)sammarbella Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 11:19)onesolo Wrote: Well, just installed and almost everything is fine.
I have a problem on Kodi 17 RC3. When I start a movie (I tested only on dts-hd movies), no sound whatsoever, even if I pause it or stop it and go back again to the movie. The only way I get the sound again is, by pressing the B key on the nvidia controller when the movie is running and magically the sound is enabled. I then have to keep pressing B until I get rid of all kodi overlays... I didn't test this on SPMC...

Things are moving, try one of the latest Kodi 17 nightlies, they are RC4 already:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android...a/Krypton/
well, I'm on the beta program, so maybe today when I turn shield again, I will get the RC4.
Damn it, RC4 still has the exact same problem!!![emoji35]

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
(2017-01-28, 00:40)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 00:12)braz Wrote: What usb hard drives are you using with the Shield and how do you have them formatted? I've tested several thumb drives and USB 3.0 drives like the WD MyBook and can't get Kodi to access any of them.

First, don't use ES File Explore, it's know to cause issues (besides being bloatware) if you need a file explorer try X-Plore.
Thanks Tinwarble, removing ES File Explorer seems to have solved all of my issues.
Running 17 RC4 on my 2015 SATV with the new Android release. Anyone else seeing a small preview circle on the right center of the screen? It seems to be a small preview image of a file I looked at. This image stays on throughout video, and even remains after I exit Kodi. Must be some sort of notification, but I have no idea on how to turn it off. Any ideas?
(2017-01-28, 01:40)pilotbob3 Wrote: Running 17 RC4 on my 2015 SATV with the new Android release. Anyone else seeing a small preview circle on the right center of the screen? It seems to be a small preview image of a file I looked at. This image stays on throughout video, and even remains after I exit Kodi. Must be some sort of notification, but I have no idea on how to turn it off. Any ideas?

Remove ES File Explorer.

I feel like a parrot having to repeat this, but DON'T USE ES FILE EXPLORER. Uninstall it if you have installed, don't install if you're planning on it. It is known to cause issues on the Shield, not to mention it is bloatware. If you need a good file explorer use X-Plore, or Total Commander.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-01-28, 01:48)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 01:40)pilotbob3 Wrote: Running 17 RC4 on my 2015 SATV with the new Android release. Anyone else seeing a small preview circle on the right center of the screen? It seems to be a small preview image of a file I looked at. This image stays on throughout video, and even remains after I exit Kodi. Must be some sort of notification, but I have no idea on how to turn it off. Any ideas?

Remove ES File Explorer.

I feel like a parrot having to repeat this, but DON'T USE ES FILE EXPLORER. Uninstall it if you have installed, don't install if you're planning on it. It is known to cause issues on the Shield, not to mention it is bloatware. If you need a good file explorer use X-Plore, or Total Commander.

I'll 2nd that, X-Plore in particular is a must-have app for the Shield IMHO.
(2017-01-28, 01:48)Tinwarble Wrote: I feel like a parrot having to repeat this, but DON'T USE ES FILE EXPLORER. Uninstall it if you have installed, don't install if you're planning on it. It is known to cause issues on the Shield, not to mention it is bloatware. If you need a good file explorer use X-Plore, or Total Commander.
Yes but your Avatar looks like a Fuzzy, Cuddly, Green Friendly Parrot.... Wink

I think this warning probably deserves a Sticky thread all of its own ?

(2017-01-28, 03:25)cscoppa Wrote:
(2017-01-28, 01:48)Tinwarble Wrote:

Remove ES File Explorer.

I'll 2nd that, X-Plore in particular is a must-have app for the Shield IMHO.

Thank you kind sirs, I never thought of that. Appreciate the advice and I'll get rid of it,
Best
(2017-01-28, 03:54)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes but your Avatar looks like a Fuzzy, Cuddly, Green Friendly Parrot.... Wink

Nope, just a monster TV! Wink Be afraid, be very afraid.

(2017-01-27, 17:59)marcaurellexxx Wrote: Hi guys ,

Thanks for all

I play the same file on ODroid C2 with LibreElec and it play withtout any issue , pefectly smooth.
It s very strange cos I m pretty sure, I played this file last year on the shield with SPMC and it ran smoothless.
(2017-01-27, 12:58)onesolo Wrote: uff, I'm not the only one with the problem...
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...6/#5068686

(2017-01-27, 12:46)sammarbella Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 11:19)onesolo Wrote: Well, just installed and almost everything is fine.
I have a problem on Kodi 17 RC3. When I start a movie (I tested only on dts-hd movies), no sound whatsoever, even if I pause it or stop it and go back again to the movie. The only way I get the sound again is, by pressing the B key on the nvidia controller when the movie is running and magically the sound is enabled. I then have to keep pressing B until I get rid of all kodi overlays... I didn't test this on SPMC...

Things are moving, try one of the latest Kodi 17 nightlies, they are RC4 already:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android...a/Krypton/
well, I'm on the beta program, so maybe today when I turn shield again, I will get the RC4.
Using Kodi v17
I am using "pass Through" for audio
I had similar issues with DTS audio on video startup. Went to "player settings", "video", "playback"
Set adjust display refresh rate to off, and Sync playback to to display off.
Problem went away.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6