• 123(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2017-01-30, 01:11)Laserray Wrote:
(2017-01-27, 12:58)onesolo Wrote: uff, I'm not the only one with the problem...
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...6/#5068686

(2017-01-27, 12:46)sammarbella Wrote: Things are moving, try one of the latest Kodi 17 nightlies, they are RC4 already:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/android...a/Krypton/
well, I'm on the beta program, so maybe today when I turn shield again, I will get the RC4.
Using Kodi v17
I am using "pass Through" for audio
I had similar issues with DTS audio on video startup. Went to "player settings", "video", "playback"
Set adjust display refresh rate to off, and Sync playback to to display off.
Problem went away.
ok, I will try that. Thkx
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
Has any one else had this issue. I just bought the 2017 slandered model. If I leave KODI running on the shield, but not playing anything, turn off my TV and receiver for a few hours, when I turn every thing back on, The shield has closed down KODI is on a blue screen till I pick up the remote and hit a button. Then it comes back to the shield home screen. I need it to stay on KODI. I don't want to have to pick up the remote each time and relaunch KODI.
On my 2015 SHIELD, the latest FW 5.0.2 broke audio passthrough completely on KODI v17 RC4 and PLEX, while it is was working with identical settings brilliantly before. Anyone else encountering this issue?
(2017-01-31, 06:09)[email protected] Wrote: Has any one else had this issue. I just bought the 2017 slandered model. If I leave KODI running on the shield, but not playing anything, turn off my TV and receiver for a few hours, when I turn every thing back on, The shield has closed down KODI is on a blue screen till I pick up the remote and hit a button. Then it comes back to the shield home screen. I need it to stay on KODI. I don't want to have to pick up the remote each time and relaunch KODI.
I have the same, try SPMC it doesn't (always) do this.
(2017-01-31, 11:23)tredman Wrote:
(2017-01-31, 06:09)[email protected] Wrote: Has any one else had this issue. I just bought the 2017 slandered model. If I leave KODI running on the shield, but not playing anything, turn off my TV and receiver for a few hours, when I turn every thing back on, The shield has closed down KODI is on a blue screen till I pick up the remote and hit a button. Then it comes back to the shield home screen. I need it to stay on KODI. I don't want to have to pick up the remote each time and relaunch KODI.

Still did it. Have to take it back, for only have the 14 day return at Bestbuy
(2017-01-31, 22:27)[email protected] Wrote:
(2017-01-31, 11:23)tredman Wrote:

Still did it. Have to take it back, for only have the 14 day return at Bestbuy

Have you turned off screensaver in both Kodi and Shield options?
Also you could try setting 'always awake' in developer settings in Shield.
(2017-01-31, 11:15)b711 Wrote: On my 2015 SHIELD, the latest FW 5.0.2 broke audio passthrough completely on KODI v17 RC4 and PLEX, while it is was working with identical settings brilliantly before. Anyone else encountering this issue?

Yep. Exactly the same problem. Also SPMC does no audio passthrough anymore now.
Double checked my settings and to be shure checked the recommended settings:
https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Recommended-passthrough-audio-settings-for-SPMC%2C-NVIDIA-Shield-TV-and-AV-Receivers

Strange that are not more people having this issue...
(2017-02-01, 13:40)DulinDuskhawk Wrote:
(2017-01-31, 11:15)b711 Wrote: On my 2015 SHIELD, the latest FW 5.0.2 broke audio passthrough completely on KODI v17 RC4 and PLEX, while it is was working with identical settings brilliantly before. Anyone else encountering this issue?

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/Recommended-passthrough-audio-settings-for-SPMC%2C-NVIDIA-Shield-TV-and-AV-Receivers

I have exactly the same issue, silence now when enabling passthrough in anything.
(2017-02-01, 13:42)gazzer82 Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 13:40)DulinDuskhawk Wrote:

I have exactly the same issue, silence now when enabling passthrough in anything.

Same here. No passthrough for Kodi or SPMC and no DD+ from Netflix or Amazon. No trouble with 4k HDR though.

My chain is Shield > Denon x1200w > 2016 Vizio P Series. Does anyone else with this issue have anything similar or in common with this setup?
(2017-02-01, 15:06)movd Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 13:42)gazzer82 Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 13:40)DulinDuskhawk Wrote: Yep. Exactly the same problem. Also SPMC does no audio passthrough anymore now.

Same here. No passthrough for Kodi or SPMC and no DD+ from Netflix or Amazon. No trouble with 4k HDR though.

My chain is Shield > Denon x1200w > 2016 Vizio P Series. Does anyone else with this issue have anything similar or in common with this setup?

No, it's going from HDMI Out -> HDMI/Toslink converter -> Pioneer 5.1 Tuner/Receiver.

I don't think this something that comes out via logging in Kodi/SPMC?
4K HDR working fine here too. I have never had DD+ from the shield as my receiver doesn't support it, but now DD doesn't pass either I just get silence.
here its working fine, tested ac3 and dts ...

shield -> samsung tv -> sony str dn860

all hdmi 2.0 wired

kodi, netflix, plex ... all good here.
Sirs, it makes me feel so much better that I am not the only one without audio passthrough. Especially, since I learned yesterday that it is not KODI's fault and Martijn tested PT on SHIELD with latest firmware without problems, so I tried the entire night to adjust my settings... I read in the Geforce-forum that nvidia is aware of this passthrough issue and is planning to correct it in a future firmware update. On the contrary, in another post someone else claims that either downgrading PLEX to 5.4.0 or upgrading to a not-yet-released-beta-version is supposed to re-enable audio passthrough...

Now that I know that more users are affected and fritsch confirmed that it is no KODI issue, I will sit and wait for nvidia to fix it...
(2017-02-01, 15:38)alturismo Wrote: here its working fine, tested ac3 and dts ...

all hdmi 2.0 wired

Most TV's don't pass 5.1 out of their optical jacks, just 2.0. If you're going from the Shield to the TV 1st, you probably aren't getting all 5.1 channels. Most receivers have indicator lights to show you how many channels the receiver is actually "seeing"
(2017-02-01, 15:43)cscoppa Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 15:38)alturismo Wrote: here its working fine, tested ac3 and dts ...

all hdmi 2.0 wired

Most TV's don't pass 5.1 out of their optical jacks, just 2.0. If you're going from the Shield to the TV 1st, you probably aren't getting all 5.1 channels. Most receivers have indicator lights to show you how many channels the receiver is actually "seeing"

i know that ... i get passthrough and my receiver also switchwing from DTS to Dolby Digital and so on ...

otherwise i would wired differntly Shield -> Receiver -> TV, but its working like my setup described

TV is Samsung UE65KS9590 ... it can passthrough AC3 and DTS via ARC (no optical cables here, all HDMI 2.0 wired)

running SATV 2015 here, not the new model.
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6