• 124(current)
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
a few mods i did recently,

-taped flirc to the side using an extension usb cable for better reception, in the front port was too ugly.
-Sanded down the simerec hole using a dremel for better ir reception
-Painted the top of the celeron case since it was green:

A bit hard to see the difference in the picture, but a huge difference in real life.

Before:

After:
More pics! Can't see naff all!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-10-11, 21:51)jammyb Wrote: More pics! Can't see naff all!

more pics of what?

wish i had a better camera that shows how black it is, it looks like it came from the factory painted like that.

I highly recommend anyone with a celeron nuc to paint the top.
Can't see your simerec hole. Can't see the flirc mod. Can't see the colours. Just see a factory pic and a pic of the top that looks factory colour and not green.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

(2013-10-11, 22:10)jammyb Wrote: Can't see your simerec hole. Can't see the flirc mod. Can't see the colours. Just see a factory pic and a pic of the top that looks factory colour and not green.

ah, i'll take a few pics when i have the chance, in the process of programming my df10 remote as well and it's a pain so i've been busy.
coming soon
http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-haswel...der_126099
Pre-ordered mine a couple of weeks ago. Looks like they will be out by the end of the month.

That being said, I'm a bit worried now with all this drivers talk, seems haswell has the same corruption problems, will it run the same drivers or will they get a fix out in time? Don't know what to think now :S
(2013-10-11, 14:43)Crssi Wrote: Better to use vendor site for drivers Wink

64bit: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23216/a0...293_PV.exe

32bit: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23216/a0...293_PV.exe

it s was behind linked to vendor site Wink but thanks

(2013-10-11, 15:48)p750mmx Wrote:
(2013-10-11, 14:24)ptoleme24 Wrote: Not sure someone talked about it but Intel released new graphic drivers that remove the artifact issues on NUC HD4000

version : 15.31.19.3293

Regards
New or latest? Release Date: September 06, 2013

Latest on intel site are 15.31.17.64.3257 from 11th September. Did not try those
Finally got everything done with the computer/xbmc, just need to get a soundbar on blackfriday and my living room is done.

Df10 works well after you spend some time tweaking it to work with flirc, took me 2 hours because it wouldn't transmit the ir signals properly.
Also removed the channel buttons + rf switch so my parents don't hit it accidently, it looks a bit worse now but a lot more functional.

I sanded down the simerec hole and now i can feel the simerec's ir from the outside, which should translate into better signal.
The flirc is just laying on the side out of sight

Here are some pictures,

(2013-09-23, 14:08)jammyb Wrote: In regards to Simerec. I'd hold off buying one for a tiny bit longer. [something is coming that is awesome, all will be revealed in a couple weeks] it'll make simerec/NUC installation a lot easier than when I did it.

Secondly. Buy a USB hub. You're drawing all that equipment off the NUC ports and wondering why it's messing up.

Hey jammyb any more news on this announcement yet? Desperate to get my NUC sorted so I can switch it on and off remotely!
Yeah on previous page. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1525856

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

My celeron 847 doesn't like AAC audio. Every time I play one I have to fiddle with the audio delay to find the right audio synch amount. Quite annoying. It's fine with the Dolby and DTS rips.

I have tried unchecking the options in audio like AAC Capable and dts-hd capable. It makes no difference. Also tried selecting set audio to video but no joy.

Any suggestions?
What SSD is everyone using? If your using one at all that is Tongue

I was thinking of intel 525, but seems they have terrible heat issues. Would get the 530 but cant seem to find it anywhere, I don't think the msata 530 is out yet, and I doubt once the haswell version arrives I'm going to want to wait for the newest ssd >.<
Crucial m4 32GB.

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Hi there,
is there a way to force some settings in a config.txt file or something like that (like in the raspberry pi)?
i would like to set the video calibration and the audio output.
sometimes, for some reasons, there's no sound and i need to go in the audio setting at the bottom and select the right values and for my screen, the refresh rate is also fluctuating between 24, 50 & 60 and then the image is bigger than the screen.
i tired doing it every time.
maybe it's due to my 3 different profiles, maybe not, but anyway it's annoying.
  • 124(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)24