• 13(current)
Release Chorus - A Web UI
(2014-05-14, 13:26)dhead Wrote: ...
* The above steps can be done automatically (via init scripts / systemd) or set only once and now to play audio you only need to control one instance of XBMC and it can be done via the regular means, no need of special addon like Xsqueeze that can [EDIT: can't] be controlled via JSON-RPC.
@bebox

Three minutes of video demo is a joke, will it stay synchronized for 2 hours of continous playback ? I don't think so, surely not with a client that doesn't support some kind of synchronizing control packets that needs to travel between the server to clients and back.
This is gorgeous! ...wow! Thanks for all of the hard work!
Nice GUI, thanks.
Some questions.
When streaming does it mark it as watched in XBMC Library also?

/edit
Found 1 issue.
LiveTV streams are not displayed in Now Playing field.
Also added it to github issues

/edit2
This is really a awesome webinterface.
It streams tv series without a problem on my Raspberry Pi. SD files though
EXCELLENT GUI! This is actually the first realistic linux solution for remote access to our media player. Thank you!

A question: Is it even remotely possible that saved music playlists are limited to 69 items?

I saved a long playlist (103 items), and the GUI could see it and could even tell me it had 103 items, but attempts to load it resulted in LOADING PLAYLIST with no further results. A little experimenting with an SQLite browser, and I found that if I truncated the list of song ID numbers, it would then load. The magic item count appears to be 69 items, and is not related to any particular item ID in the list (I experimented with various IDs in the 69th and 70th positions to verify this hunch). As it turns out, splitting the list into two lists, one with 69 IDs and the other with 34 IDs, works perfectly.

Any ideas? Thanks!
(2014-05-14, 15:10)dhead Wrote: @bebox

Three minutes of video demo is a joke, will it stay synchronized for 2 hours of continous playback ? I don't think so, surely not with a client that doesn't support some kind of synchronizing control packets that needs to travel between the server to clients and back.

Think we have a misunderstanding, were talking about VLC - not VLAN (i need more sleep) Not a joke - why didnt you try?? :-) We did SOME events with this construction (VLan on a Business Notebook and streamed Live TV and Stage Cam 8 hours (wired) without having any trouble!! Both server and client use VLan with the notebook as Sync Master ..

EDIT: Because VLC is using FFMPEG and its opensource - it could be implemented as a system player?! vla GUI is not needed .. if you have linux you can try this script as a remote:

#/bin/bash

ip[0]="192.168.0.1"
ip[1]="192.168.0.2"
ip[2]="192.168.0.3"

port=20000

function send_cmd {

for address in ${ip[@]}
do
echo "$1" | nc $address $port &
done

}

while ( [ 1 ] )
do
clear
echo "Video Command"
echo
echo " s | START"
echo " p | PAUSE/PLAY"
echo " z | ZURUECKSPULEN"
echo " zp | ZURUECKSPULEN + PAUSE"
echo " f | VOLLBILD AN/AUS"
echo " b | Beenden"
echo
echo

echo
echo -n "Kommando? "
read command

case "$command" in
s)
send_cmd play
;;
p)
send_cmd pause
;;
z)
send_cmd prev
;;
zp)
send_cmd prev
perl -e 'select(undef,undef,undef,.3)'
send_cmd pause
;;
f)
send_cmd fullscreen
;;
b)
exit
;;
esac
done;

than start vlc : vlc --extraintf oldrc --rc-host 192.168.0.1:20000
OK found this -> VLC as external Player for XBMC (playercoreconfig.xml)

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="VLCPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>"path to vlc application - OS dependend</filename>
<args>--video-on-top --play-and-exit</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetypes="mts" player="VLCPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>
Can you add the file path display somewhere? Maybe in overview or stream "tab". AWXI does.

Also item runtime (movies/tv show) would be good.

Support for sets is planned?

Last question: any way to implement same sort used by default since XBMC Frodo, where movies are listed by added to library date?

Sad that Bitcasa source doesn't work for streaming, but okay this webinterface rocks anyways.

Thanks.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
@bebox

Yep, seems like I misunderstood.
If this already tested by youself in a regular enviroment then it's sound like a great solution.

Anyway, I think we diverged from the scope of this thread, consider opening a new thread on the matter, preferably in the "Tips, tricks, and step by step guides" forum with a short how.
I'm very excited to use this but I am running into a couple issues:

1. when I run Chorus through Chrome on my PC, I get it coming up but it seems very dumbed down and I can tell from the screenshots that it is missing a lot of functionality.
2. XBMC shows that I am running 0.3.8 but when I try to reinstall it via the zip downloaded from github I get and error saying it doesn't have the right structure.

Any guidance on what might be going wrong here?

Thanks!
@dhead & @bebox - Yeah I think that conversation requires it's own thread Wink

@yeahjohnnn - Glad you like!
(2014-05-15, 10:13)schumi2004 Wrote: Nice GUI, thanks.
Some questions.
When streaming does it mark it as watched in XBMC Library also?
No it doesn't, but you are welcome to add it as a feature request on github

(2014-05-15, 10:13)schumi2004 Wrote: /edit
Found 1 issue.
LiveTV streams are not displayed in Now Playing field.
Also added it to github issues
Thanks for adding that, just had a quick look at what the API is giving us while playing live tv and we have a channel name and show title! I'll try to add it in the next release

(2014-05-15, 10:13)schumi2004 Wrote: /edit2
This is really a awesome webinterface.
It streams tv series without a problem on my Raspberry Pi. SD files though
USB seems to have issues on the Pi, but someone has found a nice workaround... https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/36
(2014-05-16, 03:37)crazybaldman Wrote: EXCELLENT GUI! This is actually the first realistic linux solution for remote access to our media player. Thank you!

A question: Is it even remotely possible that saved music playlists are limited to 69 items?

I saved a long playlist (103 items), and the GUI could see it and could even tell me it had 103 items, but attempts to load it resulted in LOADING PLAYLIST with no further results. A little experimenting with an SQLite browser, and I found that if I truncated the list of song ID numbers, it would then load. The magic item count appears to be 69 items, and is not related to any particular item ID in the list (I experimented with various IDs in the 69th and 70th positions to verify this hunch). As it turns out, splitting the list into two lists, one with 69 IDs and the other with 34 IDs, works perfectly.

Any ideas? Thanks!
I haven't added any limits to playlists in chorus, however it does store the local playlists in the browser local storage which only provides you a limited amount of space (depending on the browser http://dev-test.nemikor.com/web-storage/support-test/) Might be worth adding an issue to github with a way to reproduce, browser used and version of xbmc.
(2014-05-17, 03:22)vijayk416 Wrote: I'm very excited to use this but I am running into a couple issues:

1. when I run Chorus through Chrome on my PC, I get it coming up but it seems very dumbed down and I can tell from the screenshots that it is missing a lot of functionality.
2. XBMC shows that I am running 0.3.8 but when I try to reinstall it via the zip downloaded from github I get and error saying it doesn't have the right structure.

Any guidance on what might be going wrong here?

Thanks!
1. Have you done a library scan? Chorus is a bit of an empty shell without a populated library
2. 0.3.8 is the most recent version, if you are installing from github, just download the zip then in xbmc "install from zip" - however seeing as both versions are the same atm, this is not required, so just get it from the official xbmc repo.
I'm an idiot - I didn't update the XBMC settings to switch the web interface to Chorus from Default. My apologies.

PS - sweet Jeebus, this is gorgeous. Thank you!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Chorus - A Web UI10