• 13(current)
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box
(2016-05-31, 07:02)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm betting a (default) Variable Frame Rate option is being used to encode HEVC. It needs to be Constant Bitrate.
If you are trying to play 10bit HEVC on a AML S812 platform it simply will not work. The S812 SoC does not support decoding 10bit video.

The best suggestion, for dodgy Android Boxes is return them to the seller and get a refund immediately and get something decent, recommended in the "Pick the Right Kodi box thread"

Kodi boxes are not just about pumped up, paid for reviews on external websites where the reviewers have been drinking far far too much of the free Company Kool Aid or reviews by Newbs that simply do not have a clue.
If you want Kodi to work anywhere near properly, especially on an Android platform and have actual after sales support then i've already mentioned the thread to look for recommended Hardware.

Be Aware, there are VERY BIG changes coming in Kodi Krypton for Hardware devices with AMLogic SoC's in them. This may even mean Firmware needs upgrading and Kernel mods will be needed. If you have no after sales support, then you will very likely be stuck on Kodi Jarvis forever.

Thanks for that advice, Wrxtasy. I will check out that thread and see if I need to get another box. I have until the end of June to return it so I'm good on time.
(2016-05-31, 18:13)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 13:43)giaur Wrote:
Quote:he changed his mind about the need to fix the problem in Kodi's source code and the on-going relevance of SPMC. The reasons that he gave afterward were somewhat illogical. There's nothing available from Nvidia's Github site, except a mix of patch files and binary-only low level drivers - and SPMC is still forced to do some rendering in software on the Shield TV. The source code situation is about the same on the Amazon Fire TV box. Nonetheless, he promised that those particular boxes and private hacks would be getting some "love" from SPMC going forward.
Guilty...
You have some FCUKING nerve mate. Koying will not bite back but I will. Gladly. You expect us to believe some fanboy Zidoo dickhead posting on the Zidoo forums over a respected Kodi Android developer like Koying who has done more for the Android Kodi platform than Zidoo ever will.

You mate are nothing better than a troll. Stirring up shit and sniping at people when a product does not work to your satisfaction. If you have bought shit unsupported Android product that does not work destroy the damn thing and bugger off out of the forums.

I strongly support you being banned from the forums.

Calm down, this was not my words. I have only quoted what Zidoo forum users keep saying on their forum, to let know Koying. I agree my previous posts were provocative but the one you quoted - not.

Just open link I posted above. I wanted to get official response from Koying, he did not ban me for that because there is no reason for so nervous reaction like yours
giaur, infact Koying has read harlan posts on Zidoo forum directly.
I don't think harlan is a Zidoo employee. Zidoo team is very "laconic" in their posts, at least in english language Wink.
Koying, if I corretly understood your words, is Rockchip that hasn't (yet) added the right support for this standard AOSP interfaces in its "code"?
May this "code" stay in RK libraries? development kits?
I'm not an android device developer, but I suppose that Zidoo, without real Rockchip support, can't solve this issues.
Am I wrong?

Thank in advance!
(and sorry for my english!)
Zidoo, like the other bazillion OEM of Rockchip, AML, ... receives an "SDK" from the SoC manufacturer.
The "SDK" is basically the sources of the kernel and of Android, plus binaries, specific to the SoC.

Depending of the in-house engineering capabilities of the OEM, they can tweak/augment the SDK with in-house developments.
Those developments vary from zero (no-names on eBay) to intensive (Wetek/Pivos/Minix/...).

The Kodi RK codec from Zidoo is typically one of those in-house development (I guess, I don't have access to those SDK's).
I know for sure even the OEM do not get the player sources from RK, for instance, only a binary library, so they actually cannot do much on their side, either.
Re Mediacodec specifically, I don't know.
(2016-05-31, 19:37)sborah99 Wrote:
(2016-05-31, 07:02)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm betting a (default) Variable Frame Rate option is being used to encode HEVC. It needs to be Constant Bitrate.
If you are trying to play 10bit HEVC on a AML S812 platform it simply will not work. The S812 SoC does not support decoding 10bit video.

The best suggestion, for dodgy Android Boxes is return them to the seller and get a refund immediately and get something decent, recommended in the "Pick the Right Kodi box thread"

Kodi boxes are not just about pumped up, paid for reviews on external websites where the reviewers have been drinking far far too much of the free Company Kool Aid or reviews by Newbs that simply do not have a clue.
If you want Kodi to work anywhere near properly, especially on an Android platform and have actual after sales support then i've already mentioned the thread to look for recommended Hardware.

Be Aware, there are VERY BIG changes coming in Kodi Krypton for Hardware devices with AMLogic SoC's in them. This may even mean Firmware needs upgrading and Kernel mods will be needed. If you have no after sales support, then you will very likely be stuck on Kodi Jarvis forever.

Thanks for that advice, Wrxtasy. I will check out that thread and see if I need to get another box. I have until the end of June to return it so I'm good on time.

So, after reading the "Pick the Right Kodi Box" thread thoroughly, I've decided to go with the NVidia Shield. I sent back the Matricom box to Amazon today for a refund minus shipping back to them and I should have the NVidia by this weekend. I almost bought it a month ago but the price tag was a little daunting to me. But, after reading that thread and considering your advice about devices with dodgy after-sales support, I decided the cost will more than justify itself when I still have an up-to-date streaming device five years from now. Thanks, Wrxtasy!
These are the best one in the market.
1. Roku Streaming Stick
2. Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote
3. SkyStream ONE Streaming Media Player
4. Kukele 2017 Strongest Media Player
5. Minix Neo Android TV Box
6. NVIDIA SHIELD TV Streaming Media Player

http://www.reviewmagz.com/best-android-t...ia-player/
I am currently using Amazon stick.
(2017-05-05, 05:29)seyhayo Wrote: These are the best one in the market.
1. Roku Streaming Stick

No. #1 isn't even Android and doesn't run Kodi. #4, never heard of it and #3 probably isn't even it the top 20. #5 I don't know much about, but I don't think it would be in the top 6.

Of the 2 left, the Shield is absolutely the best and a Fire TV (box not stick) would still rank higher.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Lets also add that that these also do not have the necessary DRM Certifications and HDCP 2.2 Keys required for HD/4K Netflix or Amazon Video:

5. Minix Neo (X8H-Plus) Android TV Box

I'm a big fan of the Fire TV Box. Love the simplicity of the install, I run Kodi for my private media server, then back it out to main Amazon home screen to view my paid subscription apps like STARZ , HBO, NETFLIX, HULU, PRIME, etc....
(2017-05-05, 07:35)Tinwarble Wrote:
1. Roku Streaming Stick

No. #1 isn't even Android and doesn't run Kodi. #4, never heard of it and #3 probably isn't even it the top 20. #5 I don't know much about, but I don't think it would be in the top 6.

Of the 2 left, the Shield is absolutely the best and a Fire TV (box not stick) would still rank higher.

That's what I found on the internet. I will find out more about it. I also keep the link down below maybe you read further about it.

#1 For Roku Streaming Stick, I found that it can run Google Play, so it must be android. I don't know for sure about if i cannot run Kodi, cos I found Kodi in Google Play.

#4 Kukele 2017 Strongest Media Player (link removed)

#3 SkyStream ONE Streaming Media Player (linked removed)

#5 Minix Neo Android TV Box

#2 is stick if i am not confuse. Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote

#6 NVIDIA Shield is still the best option for me. I'm looking for buying it very soon.

What android Tv are you using currently? and what is your suggestion?
(2017-05-08, 11:57)seyhayo Wrote:
(2017-05-05, 07:35)Tinwarble Wrote:
1. Roku Streaming Stick

That's what I found on the internet. I will find out more about it. I also keep the link down below maybe you read further about it.

#1 For Roku Streaming Stick, I found that it can run Google Play, so it must be android. I don't know for sure about if i cannot run Kodi, cos I found Kodi in Google Play.

#4 Kukele 2017 Strongest Media Player (link removed)

#3 SkyStream ONE Streaming Media Player (linked removed)

#5 Minix Neo Android TV Box

#2 is stick if i am not confuse. Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote

#6 NVIDIA Shield is still the best option for me. I'm looking for buying it very soon.

What android Tv are you using currently? and what is your suggestion?

roku cannot run kodi or android i have no idea where you are getting your info on that. the best android player without doubt is the nvidia shield tv. it runs circles around my old fire tv.
(2017-05-08, 11:57)seyhayo Wrote: That's what I found on the internet. I will find out more about it. I also keep the link down below maybe you read further about it.

And you believe everything you find on the internet?

#1. No, Roku is NOT Android, and they DO NOT run Kodi. Where ever you found that is just wrong since they run their own proprietary OS.

#2 Everyone knows what a Fire TV stick is. Again, the Fire TV 2 (box) is still better.

#3 & 4, Neither one is probably DRM certified so no HD Netflix and at least one (if not both) come pre-loaded with Kodi which means that it also probably has Banned add-ons (wiki).

EDIT: Actually, after some research, both are "fully loaded" with banned add-ons.

The best option is still the Nvidia Shield, followed by the Xiaomi Mi (Android TV), then in no particular order, Fire TV's, Wetek products and one that is untested but might make a good option is Sling's AirTV since it's a Android TV device.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I think the Title of this thread should be changed as it's incorrect right from the start considering we are on a Kodi forum, in fact I will change it to:

Best Android (TV) Kodi Box

As a Android Kodi box I would actually rank the AMLogic S912 MINIX U9 ahead of the Xiaomi Mi Box, due to very regular Firmware updates, working Kodi dynamic refresh rate switching, GigaE for 4K video playback and better Android mediacodec support.

It does lack Netflix approval, but has Widevine Level 1 DRM to allow other paid for HD streaming Apps to work.

that's cool for the title , I think we don't need to change the topic as there are our followers are sticking to this title. just keep it there man!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Android (TV) - Kodi Box0