• 13(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
Bought an andriod black box off the internet. It looks like a gbox.but no markings or logo anywhere. I know this a build thread but if someone knows what kind of box this resembles I would appreciate it. Here are some hardware specs.

With cover off all I could read was HD 18 v2.0

When on Andoriod:

Model NO: MBX Rev board (f16ref)
Andriod version 4.4
Kernel version 2.6.34 wyst123@ubuntuwyst123 wednesday september 26 14:42:38cst 2012

build NO. ICSmbx 20120926

I believe that anything could have been flashed to this rom

I Flashed with latest version of static bare bones and off of xbmc frodio 12.0 I get the following. With this I could not get wi-fi and had to go with wired and some add ons would not work.

CPU: ARMv7 Processor rev4(v71)
Bogo Mips: 1556.48
Hardware: AMLOGIC MESON3 8726M SKTSH
Revision: 0020
Total memory: 827 MB

I know you guys are really busy doing the codes for a new linux Gotham but if you could tell me what version of Gbox this resembles so I can maximize the potential of this box I would greatly appreciate. Also what firmware should I use for this.
From the description, it looks like the equivalent of a G-box Midnight (if it's in a square case) or a Slav (if the case is "dome" shaped) Aside from the case, the only difference between the two is that the Slav has a built in 2.5" HDD bay.

And it's a 2.0, so make sure before you install a build that it will run. Like, for instance if you go back to the first page of this thread, there's a 2.0 Gotham build in the second post.

(2014-06-16, 15:28)momokabbaj Wrote: Hi Dhead and folks,

I don't know why the xios build didn't want to load even though I wiped everything?
It shows an error 7 or something.
Should i revert to android before i load it? or the same as xios official build just by loading it as an update on top of the previous linux build?

Thank you though, crossing my fingers to seeing gotham on the xios

Ps: I noticed that airplay doesn't work yet on gbox gotham latest build, is it a known issue?

Don't mean to hijack dhead's thread, but since you mentioned a Xios build, you might want to check this out.....

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...e39e4eb501

I don't have a Xios, but I'm guessing it works, since it installed on my Slav. Only reason I didn't keep it is because I forgot to make a copy of my remote.conf, as the Xios remote codes are useless to my hardware.
If anyone missed the developer codesnake have added OpenELEC support for the dual-core M6/MX devices.

This really makes our M3 devices outdated as the Buildroot based OS isn't even close to the tweaked and tailored OpenELEC with its custom services (systemd magic), build system, binary addons and binary repository.
Currently the M3 kernel is too old and buggy for OpenELEC and systemd (I already had "fun" with it few weeks back),

Time will tell if the community developers will shift focus to OpenELEC instead of the Buildroot based OS and if we will need to maintain the Buildroot tree just for the M3 devices.
This is great, but it's for G18/MX2 only at the moment. Do you know if it's possible to use codesnake's repo to build for G02REF or is it more complicated that that?
Wow, that is incredible, came out of nowhere. Would this support the m3 boxes?
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
(2014-06-18, 14:35)Ilia Wrote: Wow, that is incredible, came out of nowhere. Would this support the m3 boxes?

No, Amlogic kernel 2.6.34 is too old, missing some modules needed for systemd and to keep compatibility with OpenELEC binary addons repository you want to build with armhf and then 2.6.34 gets real buggy.
I was hoping that Open ELEC would finally come around to supporting these devices. Good news for the folks that own the newer dual core boxes, I guess. Too bad for us still trying to make the M3 work.
Hello,
When i play .avi files from my D-link NAS, i have only audio and no video.

I have MX Linux running on the MX Android Box running.

Any settings i have to change to get video?
Thanks kindly Nos for the info.

Went to post #2 and downloaded Gotham for gbox 2.0, extracted all files to sd card. Wiped usersdata and cache as usual but there is nothing to flash with this file. Any help would be appreciated. As far as I can see there is no way to update.
@spager

Dont unzip the file. Leave it as a zip
(2014-06-14, 10:26)mac905 Wrote:
(2014-06-09, 14:00)fuqhard Wrote: I loaded the image on my MyGica A11. I watched a couple of movies using it, seems to be working great so far. Thanks dhead.

Hey mate, have you had a chance to try out any 1080p mkv's? It works really well for me apart from those. It maxes out the CPU then chokes every half a second while decoding for me.

Sorry, been away and not here for a while. I assume you mean MKVs stored locally? I stream everything and haven't had any issues.
Warrior; Thanks not unzipping worked like a charm.

@dhead Gotham 13.1 on Gbox 2.0 linux firmware in post #2 works very well (no buffering freezing or crashes when streaming or using an attached external hard drive) except I can not set up wi-fi but wired works. Also pass through is not working for dts as well the xbmc power down/ reboot option only powers off with blue light remaining on but is not important as you you can turn on/off any time with the remote even after hitting the xbmc power off/ reboot icon. For me dts pass through is not important but wifi is as I bought it for my daughter to use upstairs.

Any chance of an update to fix the wi-fi or is there another firmware that will work.

FYI The wifi does not give any access points, and when I add in my information manually it still does not connect. There is a wifi symbol on the bottom right of the tv screen when on the main screen of XBMC even though it is not connected to wifi or is not connected up to wired.

Thanks dHead great work
@spager

The wifi settings is done by wifi manager under programs
dhead,
Many thanks for this firmware.
Its brought a new life to my gbox 2.1.
I am going to buy a new box and this gbox will be Ok for the grand kids for cartoons etc.

Anyone,
I am now going to go for a mx2 or m6 or m8 quad core box.
Can anyone tell me the best one to buy on Ebay UK ?
One with a metal case would be good.
I want to put openelec on it.
Thanks for any replies.
(2014-06-22, 14:13)warrior420 Wrote: @spager

The wifi settings is done by wifi manager under programs

Thanks again Warrior:

It took me a while upon first install since this was my first Gotham build but I did find it. Yesterday I spent a few hours trying various wifi fixes I found from google but with no joy.. I did install the xbmc hub wizard in witch I do not use as it adds unwanted weight IMO, but I did remember it had a maintenance add on that may help me. There was nothing that solved the issue but there was an icon called "whats my ip?" in which I found that gave me the right location and server provider but the ip address was way different from the one in xbmc settings when connected up by wired. When in xbmc wizard the ip address is like this 00.00.00.00 and in xbmc settings the ip address is like this 000.000.0.00. When I set up access manager it does not give me an option to put in my ip address.

I did get wifi working ounce but the wifi setting were out of wak according to xbmchub maintenance tool.and after powering off no luck to reconnect.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7