• 13(current)
WIP Substratum
honestly - leave the talk about past skins that never materialized in the past if I were him I wouldn't release this either since so many people feel they are entitled to it. Especially with the amount of time and effort it takes to put into a skin, lack of donations etc.

Just hoping that everything is okay as he has not logged into the forums in close to a month.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Yeah there is a hint of entitlement/complaint on the last page. Enough to put any developer off.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-04, 23:01)nickr Wrote: Yeah there is a hint of entitlement/complaint on the last page. Enough to put any developer off.

Not entitlement, maybe he is just fed up of nice looking skins get teased only to be dumped after a few weeks because the developer got bored and moved onto another skin that will also probably never be finished.

I've lost count the amount of skins I've really loved the look of that never got released.

If you have no interest in finishing it then don't put it up online let alone put a donation button, people donated $21 because of this skin and while it isn't a lot of money no one forced the developer to start this skin.
(2014-12-16, 22:01)TheLegendOfMart Wrote:
(2014-11-04, 23:01)nickr Wrote: Yeah there is a hint of entitlement/complaint on the last page. Enough to put any developer off.

Not entitlement, maybe he is just fed up of nice looking skins get teased only to be dumped after a few weeks because the developer got bored and moved onto another skin that will also probably never be finished.

I've lost count the amount of skins I've really loved the look of that never got released.

If you have no interest in finishing it then don't put it up online let alone put a donation button, people donated $21 because of this skin and while it isn't a lot of money no one forced the developer to start this skin.

Totally Agree.
This is the coolest and nicest concept/wip/current release skin I have seen in here. By far.
I hope you manage to find the time to continue working on it.

Great work Big Grin
(2014-12-30, 23:23)jonaballen Wrote: This is the coolest and nicest concept/wip/current release skin I have seen in here. By far.
I hope you manage to find the time to continue working on it.

Great work Big Grin

+1
Wow... this concept skin is gorgeous and so clean. Would love to see it come to fruition someday, though I can certainly understand why a lot of concept skins don't make it all the way to final release. It's a LOT of work.
Is this skin still in development, dead, or on hiatus? Could you please update the thread tag OP?
About unfinished skins, I second more or less what have been said before. It brings frustration to end users, but on the other hand it gives new ideas/directions to coders.

I don't know enough the past history of Arcanthur to give any judgement.
What is human is to get bored at some point when you repeat things, so I understand coders who drops their project, to jump into something new.

For instance, a coder releases a final skin, improves it for 1 year with users feedbacks/suggestions and finally reach a perfect version...
And then XBMC/Kodi gets a major update, and > BAM! < as usual the skins gets f****d up and the coder has to go back in its code, again, and spend mad time just to get his skin compatible with the next Kodi version. It seems coders keep their nerves for 2 or 3 XBMC updates, then drop out this mess, letting other coders take care of the babies, which is the good attitude I think.

What is important in my eyes is heritage. if Arcanthur, or any other coder, decides for X reason to stop the developpment of a WIP that (s)he previously showed publicly, or know (s)he won't be able to give time to it for 1 or 2 years, then (s)he should consider giving the source files to an other trusted coder or team who could pursue the work.

And if Arcanthur, or any other coder, decides to pause the development of a WIP knowing that (s)he will be able to finish it in a reasonable deadline, then just let them work without always asking for an ETA!
I started a new thread to discuss new tags for WIP skin threads: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213211
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been able to work on the skin in a while. I've had some health issues that I need to get straightened out, and also my job has been excessively hectic as of late.
The skin isn't dead, nor do I plan to cease work on it. I just need time to get things right.

-Arc
Arcanthur you have no need to apologise. I am sure many will thank you for the update, me included. All the best work and health-wise.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-01-06, 09:00)nickr Wrote: Arcanthur you have no need to apologise. I am sure many will thank you for the update, me included. All the best work and health-wise.

This ^^

Take some time off, real life is far more important than a skin for a media centre.
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. A great skin, hope to see it completed some day. All the best to you Arcanthur, take your time and recover.
So, Arcanthur are you better? Smile And is this skin still a thing we can hope to see/use in the future?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Substratum28