• 13(current)
Android Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?
(2021-10-15, 08:29)Zuikkis Wrote:
(2021-10-10, 08:24)supertoto1977 Wrote: Hello,

No, the 19.2 doesn't contain the fix.
The current fix is still pending, even not included in the 20-alpha.
We need more feedbacks. We have a lot of complains but no feedback when we provide some tests packages (i can understand that some people don't trust my build cause i'm new in the game).
But now, you can test the trustable @Maven's test package which can be installed beside kodi (Thank @hoppel118 and @Maven)
I did it yesterday, and have no stutter.

Please note that it will not solve the high bitrate Atmos issue.

Is anyone using the Netflix plugin with @Maven's build? For me whole Kodi crashes when playback starts. I can try to get a log if it shows anything useful.

This is a bit of a drawback, since Netflix is working just fine in regular Kodi, with full Dolby Vision support..

I maybe try this @supertoto1977's build next. I currently don't have any DV mkv's so that part is not very high importance to me..

Hardware: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019

I use the Maven 19.2 test build (64 bit) with the Netflix addon and the Disney+ addon in parallel up to 4K Dolby Vision/Atmos or HDR and have not had any problems in the direction of a crash.
(2021-10-15, 11:49)Ronny3 Wrote:
(2021-10-15, 08:29)Zuikkis Wrote:

We need more feedbacks. We have a lot of complains but no feedback when we provide some tests packages (i can understand that some people don't trust my build cause i'm new in the game).
But now, you can test the trustable @Maven's test package which can be installed beside kodi (Thank @hoppel118 and @Maven)

Is anyone using the Netflix plugin with @Maven's build? For me whole Kodi crashes when playback starts. I can try to get a log if it shows anything useful.

This is a bit of a drawback, since Netflix is working just fine in regular Kodi, with full Dolby Vision support..

I maybe try this @supertoto1977's build next. I currently don't have any DV mkv's so that part is not very high importance to me..

I use the Maven 19.2 test build (64 bit) with the Netflix addon and the Disney+ addon in parallel up to 4K Dolby Vision/Atmos or HDR and have not had any problems in the direction of a crash.

Odd. I have exact same hardware.

Perhaps it's some settings problem, I have to check. I copied entire ".kodi" directory from official Kodi to Maven's build, so I didn't have to reconfigure anything. But perhaps there is some conflict.

Edit: Yeah. I removed Netflix plugin and it's configuration. Then re-added it. And now it works. Maybe copying .kodi -directory is not safe. Smile
(2021-10-15, 13:52)Zuikkis Wrote: Perhaps it's some settings problem, I have to check. I copied entire ".kodi" directory from official Kodi to Maven's build, so I didn't have to reconfigure anything. But perhaps there is some conflict.

You need to delete the CDM directory I believe. It's where the keys for the Widevine DRM are stored. And then re-login to the Netflix addon.
(2021-10-15, 13:52)Zuikkis Wrote:
(2021-10-15, 11:49)Ronny3 Wrote:
(2021-10-15, 08:29)Zuikkis Wrote: Is anyone using the Netflix plugin with @Maven's build? For me whole Kodi crashes when playback starts. I can try to get a log if it shows anything useful.

Odd. I have exact same hardware.

Perhaps it's some settings problem, I have to check. I copied entire ".kodi" directory from official Kodi to Maven's build, so I didn't have to reconfigure anything. But perhaps there is some conflict.

Edit: Yeah. I removed Netflix plugin and it's configuration. Then re-added it. And now it works. Maybe copying .kodi -directory is not safe. Smile
That is exactly the mistake...you can copy the .kodi folder and put it behind the Maven test build...but then the only addon that causes problems is the Netflix addon...had the same problem a long time ago.
Hello,

I thought that all stutters were gone with the fix, but it's not true.
I still have 1 or 2 stutters during 1080p 23,976fps or 24fps played on 1080p resolution.
These stutters are lighter than before and it's more difficult to see them, but they exist.
I suspect another part of the code which has changed too. I'm doing some test.
(2021-10-17, 15:44)supertoto1977 Wrote: Hello,

I thought that all stutters were gone with the fix, but it's not true.
I still have 1 or 2 stutters during 1080p 23,976fps or 24fps played on 1080p resolution.
These stutters are lighter than before and it's more difficult to see them, but they exist.
I suspect another part of the code which has changed too. I'm doing some test.

Yes, I noticed also some stutter in 1080p videos. But the weird thing is, the stutter is not gone even if I disable passthrough and set "sync playback to display"..

I have to double check with unpatched Kodi 19.2, but I'm pretty sure same videos worked flawlessly there, if not using passthrough.
Happy to see that i'm not alone...
Still doing some tests... i will provide a new package as soon as i'm pretty sure that it is stutter free.
Hi @supertoto1977

thanks for the time and work you investigate into this.

Would be nice to see your changed code at GitHub. This way @Maven can integrate the code into his builds alongside Dolby Vision and now a Dolby Atmos fix. Besides we can test the different fixes parallel and reach a broader test community.

Thanks and regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
[Fix] Reworked TrueHD MAT packer to support high bitrate Atmos streams (fix audio dropouts) #20339

From where can I download the test package that can be installed beside kodi (to test it in shield pro)? There is nothing on the dropbox link. 
Thanks
(2021-10-20, 19:39)wasssu Wrote: From where can I download the test package that can be installed beside kodi (to test it in shield pro)? There is nothing on the dropbox link. 

Did you check this topic? https://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Thre...r-Android/

Matrix 19.2 build is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0n37s3j3iybww...jZ48a?dl=0

Nexus 20 Alpha build is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5fjkqnuvwa7z3...a?dl=0&lst=

Both can be installed next to your current Kodi setup.
@MrMagic Thanks!
@jjd-uk Do you know if the patch that @fritsch has created to fix the skipping (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/20127) is on the radar of any of the developers who could approve this?

There has been a lot of positive feedback on test builds that contain this fix, so it would be nice to have this merged into master and maybe also backported to Matrix.
Unfortunately as well as lacking any Android specific devs, we are also lacking anyone who has deep knowledge of the audio system as well (in the past would have been fritsch), so it seems there's no one with just enough understaning of andoid and audio to feel confident enough to review at the moment. Seems fristch is worried about fallout from merging that PR, and since he doesn't have much free time these days he doesn't want to cause breakage which he won't then have time to fix. With the enormous range of chipsets, android versions, kernel version, vendor specific hacks within the Andoid ecosystem, merging a change to such a fundemental part of the experience is not something to be taken lightly.

As fristch himself has said, it needs someone to take ownsership and responsibility for providing any fixes if this were to break anything.
Hello,

@jjd-uk and @fritsch  
If you check this thread (and other forums) it's easy to understand that it's the changes introduced in v19 which break something (video stutters).
fritsch just did a fix (not an enhancement) with a lot of positive feedbacks. (maybe fritsch you can update your PR as a fix)
The fix is less dangerous than all the changes done in v19.
For me it's an important fix to merge in master and to backport to v19.
It couldn't be worse than today.
Lot of people in forums said they rollbacked to v18.9 due to this issue.

Other solution, if there's no more Android developer, maybe it's better to do a simple rollback from v18.9 code.
As fritsch said git has a rollback function....
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame skipping on Shield ... Did Matrix do this?0