• 13(current)
[MOD] Home customization
Ok, I'm fairly new to XBMC (on PC, used it for years on the Xbox). I currently have Aeon Hitched running, how do I add this mod, without messing everything up? Preferably with Git, if that's possible.
loving this mod. using it with hitcher's; my xbmc is now finally organized close to how i want it. there is one thing however that i can't figure out how to do:

i am tagging all my documentaries with the "Documentary" genre, so that i can have them on the main menu via a favorite. problem is, i have a lot. so i've also been tagging them with another genre, like "Docu-Science" or "Docu-Politics". is there any way to have a main-menu item bring me to a filtered list of genres?

I'd like to click on "Documentaries" then be presented with a list: "Biographies / History / Politics / Science / Space"

i fear this isn't possible, though...
you can use a smart playlist to create any categories you want and group them together then add the playlist to favs, name it what you want and add as menu/sub-menu, i don't use hitcher's mod, but andyblac's showmix, he has an option of browsing the playlist on click instead of playing it gives you tons of options on creating your categoris and menus
thanks for the info, logictester! i'll look into smart playlists.
Hi,

cool mod, but i got problems combine this with the latest aeon hitcher.. Installed clean Aeon Hitcher from github and then copied this mod over the files.. I want to use the multiplex view with trailer.. but the plot ist missing.

best regards
alex
logictester Wrote:you can use a smart playlist to create any categories you want and group them together then add the playlist to favs, name it what you want and add as menu/sub-menu, i don't use hitcher's mod, but andyblac's showmix, he has an option of browsing the playlist on click instead of playing it gives you tons of options on creating your categoris and menus

there is another thing we have to mention in wiki: one has to add special://videoplaylists as a source before he can add movies to a smart playlist..

after that it's freaking easy Wink just tested for movies with codec=h264 as rule and i got all my hd movies in a list ready to be added to favs and so also ready to become a sub menu of movies Nod

great feature.
cheers,azido :;):
digitaldesaster Wrote:Hi,

cool mod, but i got problems combine this with the latest aeon hitcher.. Installed clean Aeon Hitcher from github and then copied this mod over the files.. I want to use the multiplex view with trailer.. but the plot ist missing.

best regards
alex
You can't just copy over files you need to compare and merge them.

Try WinMerge.
digitaldesaster Wrote:Hi,

best regards
alex

i do not think Hitcher Multiplex view is setup to show the plot from the trailer plugin....

Hitcher Wrote:You can't just copy over files you need to compare and merge them.

Try WinMerge.

just copy all the files/folders from my mod over yours..
CF2009 Wrote:i do not think Hitcher Multiplex view is setup to show the plot from the trailer plugin....

he's not talking about a trailer plugin. hitcher implemented something like anoobie's trailer mod to have the trailer for a movie available in the info screen of multiplex lib view..
I installed the latest SVN build for XBMC, got a fresh copy of Aeon and everything worked fine. As soon as I copied the Home customisation mod, I lose my backdrops!!?? I get black home screen.

Any Help please !!!!!!Sad
Farakh Wrote:I installed the latest SVN build for XBMC, got a fresh copy of Aeon and everything worked fine. As soon as I copied the Home customisation mod, I lose my backdrops!!?? I get black home screen.

Any Help please !!!!!!Sad

i just tested 0.9.3 on fresh install of aeon (auriga) and it's all wroking here..
i'm going to need a full debug log...
Update 0.9.4v on Github 17/08/09
see 1st post
CF2009 Wrote:Update 0.9.4v on Github 17/08/09
see 1st post

hrhr.. i can see me bugging andy to implement these changes Laugh
CF2009 Wrote:i just tested 0.9.3 on fresh install of aeon (auriga) and it's all wroking here..
i'm going to need a full debug log...

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

http://pastebin.com/m3df91238
Farakh Wrote:Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

http://pastebin.com/m3df91238

All working now, my bad, I was being stupid!!!!!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Home customization1