• 13(current)
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM232
I'm using 1.30 with camelot and it works great!
One thing I always wondered: why, after watching a movie or tv show and then hitting stop, do the S menu and the C menu never work again until I close and reopen xbmc? this has been the case for as long as I can remember
ekim232 Wrote:For the dark theme are you referring to the black textures file? If so, I left it out on purpose only because of the size and it made downloading the skin easier. I figured everyone has it already if they have Hitcher's mod and if they wanted it they could just copy it over to their media folder and have it.
My fault. I tried this, but it didn't work. I used the wrong .xpr file. You need to copy the PitchBlack.xpr, not the Black.xpr or BlackTextures.xpr.

ekim232 Wrote:The music osd is getting fixed now.
Thanks for the fix. Now it's possible to hide it with pressing "I", but sadly it doesn't reappear if you press "I" again Wink Will it be possible to hide the CDArt in the music OSD without hideing the whole information panel?

ekim232 Wrote:The temp will have a new control in my next release.

Where?

ekim232 Wrote:I built this skin on rev. 22516. I have since installed Camelot for testing and noticed some bugs. I don't personally have a reason to offically upgrade to Camelot because their is no major feature changes. I know that is messes up the setting section and I am not exactly sure why. I do realize that people will be using it so I will have to fix these bugs.
They remodelled the settings, but I think that XBMC crashes has another cause. Maybe this?!?: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64971&page=4

Pr.Sinister Wrote:The scroll letters are already in the Aeon Ekim 10.29

To enable them, you need to go to Settings | Customize | Advanced | Fast Scrolling Letters

-Pr.
Thanks! Works great! Smile

Some things with the new version:
  • There is still an empty button in the video control panel (pressing "M" while playing a movie).
  • In file mode there is now the watched flag (thanks for that), but the list (slim list) seems to be broken. If there are files to show (not just folders), there is an additional column in which is just written "Episode" and in the title is a additional title overlapping which just shows "-".

Regards,
Steffen
I don't get it how do I install this, do I install the Aeon "Stark" from the main site and replace it with the files on here, do I just place the files here as a seperate skin or do I donwload the latest repository of Aeon "Auriga" or Aeon "Stark" and replace it with the files here.
the files here are a seperate skin. download the 13.rar and extract it to your xbmx/skin/ folder and also extract the media.rar into the xbmc/skin/a13/ folder
@MEvil

-OSD is still being work on. I just tested the "I" button and it makes it disappear and reappear just fine. It worked on both my HTPC's and a friend tested it as well. Next version will have a new option to turn cdart on/off there or have the old style with no spinning cd.
-Fixed the missing button for the video menu. It is for the opensubtitles script if you have it installed. Forgot to add the icon into the media folder.
-The settings is related to changed strings I believe. Below is a screenshot from what I see on Camelot versions.
-Temp is still being worked on. I requires me to change more than just a visible control. It is because their is the virtual main menu in settings that needs to reflect changes like that as well and I want it all to match and look right finally.
-I NEVER use file mode since there is no point other than to scan your intial library. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing.

Thanks for the feedback!

uncola Wrote:the files here are a seperate skin. download the 13.rar and extract it to your xbmx/skin/ folder and also extract the media.rar into the xbmc/skin/a13/ folder

Thanks a lot mate.
ekim232 Wrote:It should be available. Make sure you have tv poster views enabled in setting since Showcase is designed for poster style icons. I had crash issue as well when testing on Camelot. It also did it for a Rapier version I was checking out. I am sure there will be a solution soon.

Still having trouble with this... I loaded 1.3 on another box and cant seem to get the showcase view there either. Where in the settings would I enable poster views?
tim- Wrote:Still having trouble with this... I loaded 1.3 on another box and cant seem to get the showcase view there either. Where in the settings would I enable poster views?

settings / customise / media browsers / layout....the go over to enable tv poster views.

Are you using posters or the rectangle shaped icons DJH originally designed for this skin. If it is the rectangle ones, Showcase will not frame those properly.
ekim232,

Phil65 recently added the missing/broken "play part" dialog to Aeon65, something which is still missing/broken in this mod. His implementation isn't very elegant at the moment, but it's better than nothing. Perhaps you can implement his fix in your mod?
sialivi Wrote:ekim232,

Phil65 recently added the missing/broken "play part" dialog to Aeon65, something which is still missing/broken in this mod. His implementation isn't very elegant at the moment, but it's better than nothing. Perhaps you can implement his fix in your mod?

Let me look at his coding and then I will test out some other skins and see how they handle it. Hopefully it won't be too hard to fix.
ekim232

Thanks for your wonderful mod. I just switched from hitcher mod to this one...you have done an excellent job with all the changes/additons.

Just one question...In Hitcher's mod....when I clicked on "MOVIES" it took me to the library mode and the first thing I saw when using the showcase view is my artwork(backdrop) for movies when the selection was on the first root folder.

In your mod....clicking in movie shows me just a black screen ( or the curtain image if I toggled fanart off). Is there a way for me to repeat the movie backdrop and not just have a black screen when the selection is the root folder?

I am using Vista, XBMC 9.11 and your lates Aeon1.3 Mod.

thanks so much for your hard work
scoochie Wrote:ekim232

Thanks for your wonderful mod. I just switched from hitcher mod to this one...you have done an excellent job with all the changes/additons.

Just one question...In Hitcher's mod....when I clicked on "MOVIES" it took me to the library mode and the first thing I saw when using the showcase view is my artwork(backdrop) for movies when the selection was on the first root folder.

In your mod....clicking in movie shows me just a black screen ( or the curtain image if I toggled fanart off). Is there a way for me to repeat the movie backdrop and not just have a black screen when the selection is the root folder?

I am using Vista, XBMC 9.11 and your lates Aeon1.3 Mod.

thanks so much for your hard work

I am sure there is a way. I am not sure if I will make it so that the backdrops are there, but more than likely it will show the curtains.
Thanks for the reply

I can live without it actually....was just curious about it.

Another question I had was.....if I wanted to use the CU lyrics script....is there a way for that to show up with the menu when listening to music? I have seen this work in Transparency skin...and it was a nice feature. Don't know if you feel that is something that would be cool to add.
scoochie Wrote:Thanks for the reply

I can live without it actually....was just curious about it.

Another question I had was.....if I wanted to use the CU lyrics script....is there a way for that to show up with the menu when listening to music? I have seen this work in Transparency skin...and it was a nice feature. Don't know if you feel that is something that would be cool to add.

I have truthfully never used it. I am not big into scripts. I will install it and check out how it looks in Transparency and see what I think.

By the way I fixed your black background problem. I plan on doing my next release this weekend, which has basically 98% of the problems listed over the last few days fixed. Just waiting to hear if anyone else reports any other problems. Thanks for the suggestions!
Thanks ekim232

I can't wait to try it out!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Hitched by EKIM2321