• 131(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
(2020-01-19, 22:46)coldspark Wrote: Hi all, did anyone do something about the issue of not being able to activate the second app on Youtube? Does every version of the plugin have to be approved by Google? I saw some older threads about it, so I guess this problem is not new

if it's an issue related about login or similar it's a know issue... read old reply for know possible solution.
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2020-01-19, 23:52)DjDiabolik Wrote:
(2020-01-19, 22:46)coldspark Wrote: Hi all, did anyone do something about the issue of not being able to activate the second app on Youtube? Does every version of the plugin have to be approved by Google? I saw some older threads about it, so I guess this problem is not new

if it's an issue related about login or similar it's a know issue... read old reply for know possible solution. 
Where can i find this reply? Thank you in advance
(2020-01-20, 12:44)nicolap Wrote:
(2020-01-19, 23:52)DjDiabolik Wrote:

Where can i find this reply? Thank you in advance   

there's not exist a definitive solution...  you need to search, found something, and test if works for you.
apparently there's no exist a valid solution for all......

probably this addons need some fix on main code.... but i thinks the development it's ended because it's month and month whitout a new release or news..
Sorry I haven't been available lately, hopefully back to it soon.

For the app not being verified/login issue, your own set of api keys is required. More information: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...issues/700

There is unlikely to be a fix, and personal api keys will likely be required for everyone.
To resolve the issue properly the add-on requires a verification process to be done by Google which we are unlikely able to satisfy and still have a functioning add-on.

Will be looking into all other issues in the near future.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-01-21, 06:14)anxdpanic Wrote: Sorry I haven't been available lately, hopefully back to it soon.

cut cut
you can't understand when it makes me happy to read these words....
Under Application restrictions which type should be enabled (if not all)? Thanks!
(2020-01-17, 10:01)callumgw Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 18:06)donbrew Wrote: But now when I try to use the app I get an error "Access not configured: youtube data API not ......."
I got the two log ins working but now get the error DONBREW got....
Did anyone fix this one?

[Yes I have logged out and in a few times]

Thx
I also have this same problem.
Did a clean install, got the API keys working and configured the InputStream plugin as indicated in other posts. Still not able to get more than 720p.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
@Alexbenthem
Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH
Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos
Otherwise will need a debug log (wiki)

Anyone that's having issues with API key creation, I've added updated screenshots of the process at https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

@jmh2002
Can you update the API creation part of the FAQ to point to the new wiki/screenshots when you have a chance. Thanks in advance.
(2020-01-21, 21:10)anxdpanic Wrote: Anyone that's having issues with API key creation, I've added updated screenshots of the process at https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...l-API-Keys

I just now created a new personal API key, it worked.  Your instructions are perfect.  There was one difference : I couldn't choose between "Internal" and "External" in the OAuth User Type-screen (since I'm not a G-Suite user ??  I don't remember what it said).  The two options were kinda greyed out, I couldn't click them.  So I just clicked "Create" at the bottom of the page, and that took me further.
And this is a screenshot of what I get the second time I accept my device.

I clicked "Advanced" and "Go to your_project_name (unsafe)"

(2020-01-22, 11:57)StakarVN Wrote: And this is a screenshot of what I get the second time I accept my device.

I clicked "Advanced" and "Go to your_project_name (unsafe)"

[I can't edit my posts ?]

This is normal if the app isn't verified. After that everything registers correctly and you're using your personal api-key Smile
hi @anxdpanic i have a little request...... after the release of the currently 6.5.2 i see there's about 40 commit. Some apparently important like this "8628c71" or "20bcc88" report as "FIX".

For obtain this various fix about two weeks ago i have download the master.zip and installed over 6.5.2 unofficial...... apparently all works (whit all little trouble tryed to explain on github issue like the watched flag) but on preferences i have lost the settings about "Force view mode". Problably the master branch it's not related the "unofficial" branch ?
My question it's... how i can obtain an unofficial branch ?
I just have got to get this error whit youtube plugin v6.5.2
Just now the youtube plugin does not work anymore. I have starting to get this error and cant play anything. Is it just me or youtube has updated something??

==
2020-01-23 22:23:24.856 T:2880885616  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (6.5.2) on Leia (Kodi-18.5) with Python 2.7.16
                                                Path: /play/
                                                Params: {'video_id': 'DCjgKFjjSjY'}
2020-01-23 22:23:26.818 T:2880885616   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: u'splice'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py", line 15, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/runner.py", line 60, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 33, in run
                                                results = provider.navigate(context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 97, in navigate
                                                result = method(context, re_match)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/register_provider_path.py", line 19, in wrapper
                                                return func(*args, **kwargs)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/provider.py", line 724, in on_play
                                                return yt_play.play_video(self, context)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/yt_play.py", line 46, in play_video
                                                video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/client/youtube.py", line 96, in get_video_streams
                                                video_streams = video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 505, in load_stream_infos
                                                return self._method_get_video_info(video_id, player_config, cookies)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 916, in _method_get_video_info
                                                cipher)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/video_info.py", line 1218, in generate_mpd
                                                url = ''.join([url, sig_param, cipher.get_signature(stream_map['s'])])
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 32, in get_signature
                                                json_script = function_cache.get(FunctionCache.ONE_DAY, self._load_json_script, self._javascript_url)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/kodion/utils/function_cache.py", line 108, in get
                                                cached_data = partial_func()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 55, in _load_json_script
                                                return self._load_javascript(javascript)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 98, in _load_javascript
                                                _function = self._get_object_function(object_name, function_name, javascript)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube_plugin/youtube/helper/signature/cipher.py", line 199, in _get_object_function
                                                return self._object_cache[object_name][function_name]
                                            KeyError: u'splice'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-01-23 22:23:26.974 T:3011940960   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=DCjgKFjjSjY]
==
Yep... same issue. Videos I watched earlier today are no longer able to play on two different installs. Pi and Windows. 6.5.2.
@DjDiabolik @masinad @drummerbod
See below

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with v6.5.3~alpha1
Code:
[fix] playback for some videos (ie. music videos)
[fix] playback of some videos with no adaptive video streams
[fix] don't update watch history when incognito/screensaver/live |contrib: regseb|
[lang] el_gr strings |contrib: twilight0|
[lang] es_es strings |contrib: roliverosc|
[lang] pt_br strings |contrib: MediaBrasil|
[lang] cs_cz strings |contrib: llzn.cz|
[lang] it_it strings |contrib: SebastianoPistore|
  • 131(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18