F:

Then I get this:
ERROR Python script failed: special://home/scripts/dvd-blue/default.py

Whats wrong?

Could you post the log ?

Regards
Hans

Please try the following ...
Inside the windows-shell folder are 2 cmd files.

ddrun.cmd
blue.cmd

replace inside the 2 files the following
grep "dd.exe"
with the replacement
grep dd.exe
Alright, I'll try to post a log soon. Side note, does anyone know what the "Default DVD-Device" is supposed to be?
Alright, here's debug log:
http://pastebin.com/m2b35964d
tbergman Wrote:Alright, here's debug log:
http://pastebin.com/m2b35964d

The following entry has spaces inside the name and is not qoted with "

C:\Documents and Settings\Travis\Application Data\XBMC\scripts\dvd-blue\windows-shell\hstart /NOCONSOLE

Because this the application hstart.exe is never executed ....

"C:\Documents and Settings\Travis\Application Data\XBMC\scripts\dvd-blue\windows-shell\hstart"

Try first to watch the dvd a few secounds long ... and after this do do starte volname.cmd and
blue.cmd from the commandline
I have gotten transcoding to work using HandBreakCLI. You can just name your file your ripping. If anyone is interested let me know and I can send you my files.
Eatmeimadanish Wrote:I have gotten transcoding to work using HandBreakCLI. You can just name your file your ripping. If anyone is interested let me know and I can send you my files.

I dont see the meaning of this post ...

My ripper script is using handbrake and the programm is included

Code:
Following external gpl-software is used inside my script and is included. There is no need to install them seperate.

* http://handbrake.fr (For transcoding dvd to h264)
    * http://encode2mpeg.sourceforge.net/encode2mpeg.html (For the creation of dvd-iso's)
    * http://unxutils.sourceforge.net (Used inside the batches for Windows)
I guess there is a issue if you run version 0.6B for Windows and
you store the scripts inside your home directory (C:\Documents and Settings)

Do change the following lines inside the script

Line 814 default.py
Code:
complet_command = spath + '\\hstart /NOCONSOLE /D="' + spath  + '" "cmd.exe /c "' + spath + '\\blue.cmd ' + device + ' ' + directory + ' ' + name + ' ' +  spath + '""'

to

Code:
complet_command = '"' + spath + '\\hstart" /NOCONSOLE /D="' + spath  + '" "cmd.exe /c "' + spath + '\\blue.cmd ' + device + ' ' + directory + ' ' + name + ' ' +  spath + '""'

Line 899 to
Code:
check_command = '"' + spath + '\\hstart" /NOCONSOLE /D="' + spath  + '" "cmd.exe /c "' + spath + '\\ddrun.cmd ' + spath + '""'

If you do run the scripts inside a path witch doesn't contains " " all
should work like expected ....
Emicsoft DVD Ripper for Mac is a wonderful tool to help you..... LOL

Emicsoft DVD Ripper is only 35$ and of course you are not working
for Emicsoft.. You are a user of this ripper .... LOL

1.) BTW welcome to the forum ....
2.) You are welcome to open a new thread about comercial rippers
3.) My ripper is a GPL licenced ripper ....
4.) Primary it is a wonderfull tool to earn Money for Emicsoft

For a Macuser I would recomend to install Handbrake ...
and move this ripper where it belongs ... to the trash-icon
Somebody please ban this spambot Wink

just another spambot lummel.
PointOfView Nvidia ION Atom 330 - TRANSCEND 2GB DDR2 DIMM 800MHz - G.SKILL 64GB SSD 2.5
Open Elec Beta4 1.95.4
XBMC Online Manual - HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner - Create/View Bug Report
Setup/Fix correct resolution on XBMC/Ubuntu - Usefull linux terminal commands
Smile 
Just wanted to say what a great script this is, every new dvd i get now i just run this script on one of my xbmc's and then store the dvd away never needing it again.
Big Grin
I do not know much about the handbrake options so can anyone tell me what to change in the script so it will transcode to H264 with AC3 sound intact? Huh
still learning linux, | Eve Media Box Case | Abit I-N73HD Motherboard | 2gb Ram | 8gb usb drive | xbmc live | 4tb Linux server |- Second box - XBMC live | GA-81915PM motherboard | 2gb Ram | Gainward 8400GS 512MB HDMI | 2.5" 60gb hard drive |Cheap MCE remote | Tvheadend server | Raspberry Pi | Acer Revo | Zotac ION
Mike34 Wrote:Just wanted to say what a great script this is, every new dvd i get now i just run this script on one of my xbmc's and then store the dvd away never needing it again.
Big Grin
I do not know much about the handbrake options so can anyone tell me what to change in the script so it will transcode to H264 with AC3 sound intact? Huh

Many thanks

This thing about the AC3 sound is allready in the wishlist for one of the next relases.
In the moment I don't have many time to work on the ripper.
In the moment I do write a python epg -scrapper for my area (switzerland)
There are allready a few feature suggestions from users:

* AC3 sound
* Streaming to Network over vlc
* A so called silent rip-mode ... If my script is running in this mode ...
The only thing you have to do is to insert the dvd ....
The script looks if the inserted dvd is allready ripped ...
If no -> without any user confirmation the dvd will be ripped ...
If yes -> the script is waiting for the next dvd

* Ripping blueray
As long I dont have a blue-ray drive not possible ....
As soon I have a blue-ray drive I do working on this

* Do I guess right that you are using the network-ripping part from my script ?

I did not have any confirmation that network-ripping is working properly ...

Regards
Hans
linuxluemmel Wrote:Many thanks

This thing about the AC3 sound is allready in the wishlist for one of the next relases.
In the moment I don't have many time to work on the ripper.
In the moment I do write a python epg -scrapper for my area (switzerland)
There are allready a few feature suggestions from users:

* AC3 sound
* Streaming to Network over vlc
* A so called silent rip-mode ... If my script is running in this mode ...
The only thing you have to do is to insert the dvd ....
The script looks if the inserted dvd is allready ripped ...
If no -> without any user confirmation the dvd will be ripped ...
If yes -> the script is waiting for the next dvd

* Ripping blueray
As long I dont have a blue-ray drive not possible ....
As soon I have a blue-ray drive I do working on this

* Do I guess right that you are using the network-ripping part from my script ?

I did not have any confirmation that network-ripping is working properly ...

Regards
Hans

No I am ripping it to a folder on my NAS which is mounted as /dvdrip on the xbmc machine.

Do you have a HD DVD drive as i have a lot of films on that i would like to transfer?

Thanks again.
still learning linux, | Eve Media Box Case | Abit I-N73HD Motherboard | 2gb Ram | 8gb usb drive | xbmc live | 4tb Linux server |- Second box - XBMC live | GA-81915PM motherboard | 2gb Ram | Gainward 8400GS 512MB HDMI | 2.5" 60gb hard drive |Cheap MCE remote | Tvheadend server | Raspberry Pi | Acer Revo | Zotac ION
Mike34 Wrote:No I am ripping it to a folder on my NAS which is mounted as /dvdrip on the xbmc machine.

Do you have a HD DVD drive as i have a lot of films on that i would like to transfer?

Thanks again.

No ... sorry but I guess the hype is on blue-ray and not HD DVD.
I ownly have a notebook with a dvd-device ...
My next computer will have a blue-ray.

CU Hans
To keep AC3 tracks intact in your transcoding, i modify the mp4.sh with the "-E ac3" switch. You can see i've also modified the x264 encoding parameters as i want to keep the original resolution and I have better DXVA compatibility with those arguments:

Code:
./HandBrakeCLI -i $1 -o $2/$3.mkv -t $4 -f mkv -S 1500 -m  -a $AUDIO1 -E ac3 -e x264 -p -2 -T -x ref=8:mixed-refs:bframes=3:b-adapt=2:weightb:direct=auto:b-pyramid:me=umh:subme=7:analyse=all:8x8dct:no-psnr:no-ssim:trellis=2:partitions=all:threads=auto:thread-input 2> ~/dvdripper/dvd2h264-error-output.log
But something strange is it nevers find the audio track. It gives me an mkv without audio.

If i use this commandline manually, with -a 1 as audio track, it takes it correctly and generate me an mkv with audio. Didn't had time to investigate on my side. Perhaps this problems occurs because of other mods i made on your script.

Other thing, i know it's something you don't want, but I really need to remove css from iso image, or some other players than xbmc can't play them.
So I changed your dvddd.sh to use Vobcopy instead of dd command.

This scripts give this:

dvddd.sh:

Code:
cd $2

# Now we rip the dvd

# rip the vob without CSS on my hardrive:
vobcopy -m -o $2/ISO > ~/dvdripper/dvdimport-output.log 2> ~/dvdripper/dvdimport-error.log

#rebuild an .iso image without css encryption:
mkisofs -dvd-video -o $2/$3 $2/ISO/* > ~/dvdripper/dvdimport-output.log 2> ~/dvdripper/dvdimport-error.log

rm -Rf $2/ISO/*
# Now it is time to check if all is done without a error

#RETVAL=$?

# We are finishd with the ripping ...
# Therefore we deleting the ripper-flag-files
# if the above dd command exit with error-code 0

rm ~/RIPPING_STARTET
rm ~/RIPPING_FILE

# Ok we have error with dd
#I ve commented this part for the moment as i don't know how to adapt it to my ripping process.

#if [ $RETVAL -nq 0 ] ; then
#   touch > ~/RIPPING_ERROR
#   echo there was error by ripping $1 >> ~/RIPPING_ERROR
#   echo vobcopy error code was $RETVAL >> ~/RIPPING_ERROR
#   echo See the the log-files inside $2 >> ~/RIPPING_ERROR
#
#   cp ~/RIPPING_ERROR ~/dvdripper/ripping_error
#fi

exit

If i use this modded dvddd.sh manually, everything works ok.
But when it's called from your plugin, it says there were errors. I suspect some check of the .iso file size in your plugin during the rip process. But vobcopy starts firts ripping files in a folder, the iso is generated after.

So what do you think I should modify in other scripts to make it works from your plugin directly ?

Thanks .
hotlobster Wrote:To keep AC3 tracks intact in your transcoding, i modify the mp4.sh with the "-E ac3" switch. You can see i've also modified the x264 encoding parameters as i want to keep the original resolution and I have better DXVA compatibility with those arguments:

Code:
./HandBrakeCLI -i $1 -o $2/$3.mkv -t $4 -f mkv -S 1500 -m  -a $AUDIO1 -E ac3 -e x264 -p -2 -T -x ref=8:mixed-refs:bframes=3:b-adapt=2:weightb:direct=auto:b-pyramid:me=umh:subme=7:analyse=all:8x8dct:no-psnr:no-ssim:trellis=2:partitions=all:threads=auto:thread-input 2> ~/dvdripper/dvd2h264-error-output.log
But something strange is it nevers find the audio track. It gives me an mkv without audio.

If i use this commandline manually, with -a 1 as audio track, it takes it correctly and generate me an mkv with audio. Didn't had time to investigate on my side. Perhaps this problems occurs because of other mods i made on your script.

Other thing, i know it's something you don't want, but I really need to remove css from iso image, or some other players than xbmc can't play them.
So I changed your dvddd.sh to use Vobcopy instead of dd command.

This scripts give this:

dvddd.sh:

Code:
cd $2

# Now we rip the dvd

# rip the vob without CSS on my hardrive:
vobcopy -m -o $2/ISO > ~/dvdripper/dvdimport-output.log 2> ~/dvdripper/dvdimport-error.log

#rebuild an .iso image without css encryption:
mkisofs -dvd-video -o $2/$3 $2/ISO/* > ~/dvdripper/dvdimport-output.log 2> ~/dvdripper/dvdimport-error.log

rm -Rf $2/ISO/*
# Now it is time to check if all is done without a error

#RETVAL=$?

# We are finishd with the ripping ...
# Therefore we deleting the ripper-flag-files
# if the above dd command exit with error-code 0

rm ~/RIPPING_STARTET
rm ~/RIPPING_FILE

# Ok we have error with dd
#I ve commented this part for the moment as i don't know how to adapt it to my ripping process.

#if [ $RETVAL -nq 0 ] ; then
#   touch > ~/RIPPING_ERROR
#   echo there was error by ripping $1 >> ~/RIPPING_ERROR
#   echo vobcopy error code was $RETVAL >> ~/RIPPING_ERROR
#   echo See the the log-files inside $2 >> ~/RIPPING_ERROR
#
#   cp ~/RIPPING_ERROR ~/dvdripper/ripping_error
#fi

exit

If i use this modded dvddd.sh manually, everything works ok.
But when it's called from your plugin, it says there were errors. I suspect some check of the .iso file size in your plugin during the rip process. But vobcopy starts firts ripping files in a folder, the iso is generated after.

So what do you think I should modify in other scripts to make it works from your plugin directly ?

Thanks .

My plugin does calculate the size of the rip and does check that dd is running.
If dd is not running my script give a error.
Doe remove the part that calculate the size and check for running dd and it should run

Yes ... With the part that removes css from the iso I have a little problem.
If you would use this modified script inside france ... it would be illegal.

The right corrections to the shell-script follows ....
Regards
Hans
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Luemmel's DVD-Ripper (Script) for Linux, Mac, and Windows2